Home – New Forums Find the help you need Help with business plan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gav
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I’m in need of some professional help in putting together a sound business plan for a business upstart. The business needs to attract angel investors so the business plan needs to be very professional, detailed and effective. This is for a franchise concept so someone with experience in this area would be preferred.

Also, I have been given a link to this company. Has anyone had an experience with these guys? http://www.smartbusinessplans.com.au/

Thanks

Gav

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up

Hi Gav – some feedback for you.

1. Looks very affordable. Cheaper plans (often cookie cutter) can be helpful and have their place – and are certainly better than no plan at all. Depending on the forecast scale of your business and the quantum of funds required there is a chance that it is too simple. If someone came to us to raise money as a complete startup then I would be surprised if a $1000 plan would meet the requirements for an investment. It will however be a good starting point to put the feelers out and commence dialogue with a potential investor. (and a tech point – a fundrasing document is different to a business plan. Otherwise referred to as an Information Memorandum. It considers a subset of investment returns and is a sales pitch more than an internal road map)

2. My suggestion is spend an hour or so with a top quality advisor / accountant and workshop your concept and model a little (and the capital raising process). It may cost you around $500 but it will provide you with some good direction before you engage a business planning service of this type.

Happy to have a chat about it next week.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    CapRoberts
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Contact Mark and Megan:
    http://www.amazingbusinessplans.com.au

Gill
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Gav, I am an experienced finance manager – fully conversant with business plans – and would be happy to help if you would like to get in touch. Gill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.