Home – New Forums Tech talk Help with download problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Karen Wardle
    • Total posts: 363
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone

I have just started the 30day challenge (by the way it looks great). To those of you that suggested I do this, a BIG thank you!

In the preseason training they suggest that you download seesmic desktop. In order to do that I first need to download adobe air.

I have tried to do this twice and the download stops at 85% (well at least I think it has stopped)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why, and also what I can do to fix this.

Thanks for your help.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Karen,

When you say stops – How long does it stop for?

Karen Wardle
    Up

G’day Jake

The first time it took about an hour to get to 85% then sat there for about an hour with progressing passed 85%.

So I shut everything down etc and ran it again. It has been sitting at 85% for about 80 minutes now.

Am I just being impatient?

Jake@EmroyPrint
    Up

Karen,

Not to sure about that one then …

I know I’ve downloaded things in the past and they have stalled around 80-90% for perhaps 10-15 minutes or so … But never 80 minutes …

Sorry I can’t help you :(

Karen Wardle
    Up

Sorry I can’t help you :(

haha me too Jake, thanks for trying though :)

bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

Hi Karen

Actually, I’ve just gotten home and overseas websites are taking a long time to load… cnet.com for one – flyingsolo seems to be ok tho…

My copy of Tweetdeck (also uses Adobe Air) has been sitting for 10 minutes – not sure if its a wider Internet thing or just Twitter itself.

Anyone else experiencing delays in overseas websites?

This is at 5:25pm on Fri 19th Feb 2010.

VideoTraining
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

Hi Karen,

Adobe software issues… Now there’s a new one! ;-)

Depending on how old your other Adobe software is you might be downloading and installing AIR or just the Download Mangler (sorry, manager).

You could try un-installing other Adobe apps as some of them share libraries (or in other words special computer files) and one of them might be a little upset for some reason.

Un-install the Adobe PDF Reader for a start – this might fix the issue. Otherwise I would un-install all Adobe apps and then try again – then reload the others.

I would also run a CHKDSK and do a thorough scan for viruses on your machine.

Has anything else had any issues installing?

Kind regards,

Tony Morris
    http://www.DVDcoach.com
    Online Computer Training Made Easy

Jake@EmroyPrint
    Up

haha np! Chris and I have just declared war thats all =)

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Poor Jayne, she’d have like 4 reports from me in her inbox now. So much for a Friday night!

Jake@EmroyPrint
    Up

I think the real question is what WE are all doing here reporting spam on a Friday night?

My excuse is I just got a last minute job dropped on me at 3pm this afternoon =)

And yours?

Chris Bates
    Up

Got a wedding tomorrow and the wife is at the bride-to-be’s. Home alone and bored, what more reason to I need to become…

CAPTAIN CHRIS – THE SPAM FIGHTING SUPERHERO

Chris Bates
    Up

*pokes you with his pitchfork* <_<

Jake@EmroyPrint
    Up

You know, seeing as though you started this crusade – that kind of makes me the “robin”.

But, in all honestly – black looks much better on me so I’m going to be batman OK? You can be robin.

tr3nton
    • Total posts: 68
    Up

I don’t get it.. how was tony spamming?

as to the OP, i don’t know what the download is, or why it’s failing after 80%, but download manager would be the go – flashget seems to do the trick for me. – allows you to pause, resume, etc

Chris Bates
    Up

Hey Trent – Tony wasn’t spamming, the post in question has already been deleted by Catgirl* (Jayne)

Jayne, I’m not calling you Catgirl because you’re some crazy cat lady… Just going with the whole Batman/Robin thing :P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.