Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Help with letterbox distribution business

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #965479
    keepsmiling
    Member
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi guys. I have started my own letterbox distribution business. I have five ongoing customers and do one off promotions. I only earn around $450 per month on the side doing this and wanted some advice on how to attract larger purchasing customers. I am 75% cheaper than other distribution companies and advise in true local. I pay $98 per month for this but it hasnt really got the results. Should I keep this ad going for six months as it can offset my tax as a tax deduction aswell for any tax I pay on my business. Its a tiny business and I want it to grow /I do do telemarketing—I just find its hard to get customers.
    Can anyone assist?

    #1012191
    Brent Van Der Wel
    Member
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    0
    ::

    I think this is a tough way to sell – especially in this ecconomic climate where people tend to stick to the big solid brands and companies they know. Good on you for giving it a go. I’d be interested in hearing other people’s thoughts on this too.

    Perhaps you’re selling too cheap and maybe focusing on building customer loyalty and bonuses for referring new customers would help?

    Good luck!

    #1012192
    Cameron
    Member
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Keepsmiling,
    How big is your delivery area? This will determine who you market to.
    My advice get rid of the True Local, you have determined your ROI on that marketing ie 0%. Always track your ROI for all your marketing.
    There are a lot of things you have either not thought of or have not told us. Once you have an idea of what size area you can deliver too then you can take the next step and start to define who your potential customers are likely to be.
    Australia Wide? Coles, K Mart etc
    Statewide or maybe only several suburbs in which case your customers are going to be local small and medium enterprises operating in that area.
    Your next step is to best determine how to reach those customers within your predefined Marketing Budget. Lots of things are going to cost you very little such as drop in visits and phone calls. Adwords can be expensive and needs a little research to be effective. Website, must have, absolutely must have.
    I won’t try to write you a book on this stuff, I will just make another couple of suggestions, go http://www.about.sensis.com.au/small_business/small_business_big_opportunity.php and download this free ebook, find the local small business help centre if there is one near you and or do a quick course at TAFE.
    The above is a start to get you thinking and maybe you can post a little more detail and maybe we can put some more detailed strategies into place.
    Cameron.

    #1012193
    Johnnybee
    Member
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    0
    ::
    keepsmiling, post: 12754 wrote:
    Hi guys. I have started my own letterbox distribution business. I have five ongoing customers and do one off promotions. I only earn around $450 per month on the side doing this and wanted some advice on how to attract larger purchasing customers. I am 75% cheaper than other distribution companies and advise in true local. I pay $98 per month for this but it hasnt really got the results. Should I keep this ad going for six months as it can offset my tax as a tax deduction aswell for any tax I pay on my business. Its a tiny business and I want it to grow /I do do telemarketing—I just find its hard to get customers.
    Can anyone assist?

    Hi which areas do you operate in, i might become an interested customer if it coincide with my target market.

    John

    #1012194
    afashionablelife
    Member
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi there,

    I know this sounds really obvious, but have you letter box dropped industrial / commercial areas?
    I’m sure everyone is looking for cheaper ways to advertise at the moment, and if you are cheaper than your competitors that is sure to interest most people.
    Also, you could offer to do a “free” drop for them of a limited number of letter boxes.

    Cheers,

    #1012195
    mexham
    Member
    • Total posts: 302
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi there, I could also be interested in using your letterbox distribution if you could provide more info on your costs and delivery areas. Do you have a website with info somewhere?

    Thanks,

    #1012196
    keepsmiling
    Member
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    0
    ::
    mexham, post: 13598 wrote:
    Hi there, I could also be interested in using your letterbox distribution if you could provide more info on your costs and delivery areas. Do you have a website with info somewhere?

    Thanks,

    Hi,
    Thanks for your interest. I charge $15 per 1000 flyers to domestic/residental in mascot,eastlakes and rosebery in sydney.
    Regards.
    Anna

    #1012197
    keepsmiling
    Member
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    0
    ::
    Johnnybee, post: 13561 wrote:
    Hi which areas do you operate in, i might become an interested customer if it coincide with my target market.

    John

    Hi and thanks so much for your reply.
    I charge $15 per 1000 flyers and cover mascot,rosebery and eastlakes once a month-they are in suburb of sydney.
    Regards,
    Anna

    #1012198
    Publishing428
    Member
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi,

    Just wondering if you have a website?

    Also, do you deliver to industrial/business areas?

    Thanks

    Lynda Cahill
    http://www.428publishingservices.com.au

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.