Home – New Forums Find the help you need Help with small IT biz insurance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dust
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi just having issues with a broker at the moment.
    Our quoted insurance is $1120ish for 2mil professional indem & 5mil liability thru QBE.

My husband and I are trying to get a NEIS business up and running! It’s making Software for small/med businesses & general IT services for businesses from home, visiting clients & doing our own sales.

the issue is that we have my job network agency ready & able to pay upfront $600ish towards our insurance costs, they need a invoice with their name on it & they will pay on our behalf that amount. The broker doesn’t seem to understand that and after waiting 13 days (too much i know) he sends us a invoice with our names on it & goes on about a bunch of emails bouncing back to him recently. (an ongoing excuse from the guy)

Is there anyone else out there with a similar micro biz that is willing to give us a new lead in cheaper insurance? (we looked at tradie insurance but IT is not considered one of their “trades”)

or

Is there an insurance broker (or one you know of) out there that can understand the situation and invoice correctly without hassles? :)
    thanks in advance!!

ALHBIT
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi,

I’ve been using a Broker based in Young, NSW for the last few years. He’s been excellent and has recently done my PI insurance for my small IT business. Not sure about cheaper, but customer service is outstanding. Sounds like you might need to change brokers, if for nothing other than better service.

Mark Mellish from Richard Mellish Insurance Services

here’s thier True Local link

http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/richard-mellish-insurance-services/young

Good luck

Trish FCA
    • Total posts: 235
    Up

Hi,

I can thoroughly recommend Richard White from White Insurance. He helped me out with my PI insurance and he also got me a great deal.

His details are:

Richard White
    PO Box 2191, Fountain Gate VIC 3805

Ph: 03 8790 5701

Hope this helps.

paulc8712
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

I don’t have any recommendations for cheaper insurance. My PI&PL insurance for IT was $1227 (i was quoted much higher from other brokers). I went through http://www.bizcover.com.au who were easy to deal with.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.