Home – New Forums Find the help you need Help with TGA compliance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jezza31
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

I am looking to take my home made skin care cream to market (Business and marketing Plan in place). However, like others here, I cannot afford a lawyer to transact the TGA requirements as it would use up most of my seed money. Is there anyone on here who has been there and done that, with the TGA?

It would be great to work with a mentor, who has been through this ringer!

I would also like some help finding a good: “White Label Manufacturer” for skin care creams who would fill small orders of less than 10000 units.

Cheers

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi jezza31, and welcome to Flying Solo,

When I’m not hanging out here on Flying Solo, most of my work is in the natural health field, so although I’m not a regulatory expert, I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Even after 20+ years in the natural health industry, I would never attempt to navigate the TGA requirements on my own – it’s simply too complex, and too important to get wrong.

Rather than talking to a lawyer, you probably need to engage a regulatory consultant. There are a list of them on the website of the Complementary Healthcare Council that it may be worthwhile touching base with, but I’ve also had some personal experience working with the team at Robert Forbes and Associates if you’d like a starting point.

If they’re well-established, your regulatory consultant will most likely have existing relationships with some of the contract manufacturers, and will know who is best placed to handle a product like yours (and who has the right TGA clearances), so I’d start the regulatory exploration before attempting to identify your supplier.

I hope that helps, and please feel free to ask more questions if you need to. I won’t necessarily know the answers but can probably point you in the right direction.

Good luck for the next stages of your launch, and thanks for joining Flying Solo :)
    Jayne

affgar
    • Total posts: 123
    Up

In other words … it’s a bloody headache! :D

jezza31
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 189681 wrote:
    Hi jezza31, and welcome to Flying Solo,

When I’m not hanging out here on Flying Solo, most of my work is in the natural health field, so although I’m not a regulatory expert, I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Even after 20+ years in the natural health industry, I would never attempt to navigate the TGA requirements on my own – it’s simply too complex, and too important to get wrong.

Rather than talking to a lawyer, you probably need to engage a regulatory consultant. There are a list of them on the website of the Complementary Healthcare Council that it may be worthwhile touching base with, but I’ve also had some personal experience working with the team at Robert Forbes and Associates if you’d like a starting point.

If they’re well-established, your regulatory consultant will most likely have existing relationships with some of the contract manufacturers, and will know who is best placed to handle a product like yours (and who has the right TGA clearances), so I’d start the regulatory exploration before attempting to identify your supplier.

I hope that helps, and please feel free to ask more questions if you need to. I won’t necessarily know the answers but can probably point you in the right direction.

Good luck for the next stages of your launch, and thanks for joining Flying Solo :)
    Jayne

Thanks Jayne, I knew you could help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.