Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Helpppppppppppppp

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #968040
    karenrice
    Member
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi My name is Karen Rice. In the past 12 months my youngest child started school and I decided to turn an idea that I had into a reality. It took me just under 11 months to fine tune the product and get the website and promotional material ready.

    I started promoting my product in February this year and ever since have found that it is not as easy as I thought.

    Are there any free mentors out there that can help me or am I looking for the impossible?

    #1030494
    Webolution
    Member
    • Total posts: 61
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Karen,

    Welcome to the forums :)

    Have you got any more information about what it is your selling?

    Cheers,
    Joel

    #1030495
    Rhys
    Member
    • Total posts: 325
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Karen & welcome to FS,

    Guessing from your profile your product is shoppingcaddy – is that right?

    How are you trying to sell the product?

    What sort of problems are you having? (eg no visitors to your site, visitors but no sales, etc)

    Cheers, Rhys

    #1030496
    karenrice
    Member
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    0
    ::
    Webolution, post: 36571 wrote:
    Hi Karen,

    Welcome to the forums :)

    Have you got any more information about what it is your selling?

    Cheers,
    Joel

    Hi Joel
    You will find all the details of my product at my website http://www.shoppingcaddy.com.au

    Regards

    Karen

    #1030497
    karenrice
    Member
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    0
    ::
    Rhys, post: 36578 wrote:
    Hi Karen & welcome to FS,

    Guessing from your profile your product is shoppingcaddy – is that right?

    How are you trying to sell the product?

    What sort of problems are you having? (eg no visitors to your site, visitors but no sales, etc)

    Cheers, Rhys

    Hi Rhys and thank you

    Yes that is right, it is called the Shopping Caddy and it is a 3 in 1 bag that attaches to the back of a pram/stroller to put all your shopping in.

    The product is available to purchase online but getting people to my website is obviously endless work and as yet only had 1 sale. The only other place I have sold the Shopping Caddy is at what is called the Baby & Kids markets in Sydney, the majority of what is sold is preowned but they do have a handfull of business selling new products and services. I have it in one baby retail store on consignment and advertised on two baby online stores.

    I find that the end user really does want to see it and touch it before they buy it so online is not the best option. I have had alot of positive feedback expecially at the baby markets where the end user has been able to see the product but trying to convince the retail stores to stock the product because the product has no reputation, no sales history, the brand is new, the product is new so I think alot of retailers are wanting to take a wait and see how it goes attitude and for the moment stick to the products that are selling for them.

    Regards

    Karen

    #1030498
    Safe Skies
    Member
    • Total posts: 202
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Karen

    Firstly i do like to layout and look of your site, the one thing i think you may need to do is think about your target customers, and paint a picture of why they should buy your product, you need to sell the product more, at present you have nice pictures but they do not give benefits.

    Think about why you started the product, what made you want to develop this?

    Hope this helps in some way and good luck.

    Oh one other thing, have you tried to contact mothers groups, my mate has just had a baby and his wife is always at one of these, maybe get in touch and offer a group discount and kick back for the group organiser.

    Gareth

    #1030499
    Past-Member
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up
    0
    ::

    HI Karen, I’m also a Karen!

    You have a fantastic product – wish it was around 27 years ago, but then again, prams were nothing like they now are either. :)

    I agree that you need to have something that tells the customer immediately what benefits they will receive … ie ‘Save your aching back with … ‘, ‘Our shopping caddy gives you an extra pair of hands’, or whatever. I’m sure someone else may be able to come up with better suggestions.

    Also, your SEO needs some work. If you click View/Source you will see that you have very little details and no content in the meta details.


    Shopping Caddy – Stylish, Practical, Innovative – Baby Shopping Bag
    You need something more to get more traffic to your site – what do young mums search for? Have you looked at your Google Analytics to see what people are searching for? Add those words to your meta. Perhaps you should also include baby bag, nappy bag, pram bag etc. Anything that other people would be searching for that relates to your shopping caddy.

    But, it’s a brilliant product. Congratulations.

    #1030500
    karenrice
    Member
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    0
    ::
    KarenC, post: 36594 wrote:
    HI Karen, I’m also a Karen!

    You have a fantastic product – wish it was around 27 years ago, but then again, prams were nothing like they now are either. :)

    I agree that you need to have something that tells the customer immediately what benefits they will receive … ie ‘Save your aching back with … ‘, ‘Our shopping caddy gives you an extra pair of hands’, or whatever. I’m sure someone else may be able to come up with better suggestions.

    Also, your SEO needs some work. If you click View/Source you will see that you have very little details and no content in the meta details.


    Shopping Caddy – Stylish, Practical, Innovative – Baby Shopping Bag
    You need something more to get more traffic to your site – what do young mums search for? Have you looked at your Google Analytics to see what people are searching for? Add those words to your meta. Perhaps you should also include baby bag, nappy bag, pram bag etc. Anything that other people would be searching for that relates to your shopping caddy.

    But, it’s a brilliant product. Congratulations.

    Hi Karen and thank you for taking the time to offer some useful advice. I do get the “I wish it was around when I had kids in prams” comment alot from people that have older children, it is such a shame I am not reaching mothers in the target market.

    You made an interesting point about the meta file, my graphic designer was suppose to put these words in for me I gave him a huge list, obviously he didnt. Could you please give me the step by step instructions of how I can check for myself the words that are in the meta file?

    Many thanks

    #1030501
    Brooke Curline
    Member
    • Total posts: 120
    Up
    0
    ::
    karenrice, post: 36589 wrote:
    Hi Rhys and thank you

    Yes that is right, it is called the Shopping Caddy and it is a 3 in 1 bag that attaches to the back of a pram/stroller to put all your shopping in.

    The product is available to purchase online but getting people to my website is obviously endless work and as yet only had 1 sale. The only other place I have sold the Shopping Caddy is at what is called the Baby & Kids markets in Sydney, the majority of what is sold is preowned but they do have a handfull of business selling new products and services. I have it in one baby retail store on consignment and advertised on two baby online stores.

    I find that the end user really does want to see it and touch it before they buy it so online is not the best option. I have had alot of positive feedback expecially at the baby markets where the end user has been able to see the product but trying to convince the retail stores to stock the product because the product has no reputation, no sales history, the brand is new, the product is new so I think alot of retailers are wanting to take a wait and see how it goes attitude and for the moment stick to the products that are selling for them.

    Regards

    Karen

    Hi Karen,
    Your product looks great although a little pricey. Your retailers will want a substantial markup and there will be issues if customers can come to you directly and purchase at a greatly reduced price. Are they waterproof? Have you thought about a similar product for the elderly (our ageing population should see you doing very well for yourself). I see a few elderly people with
    shopping caddies although they are just the plain model with an opening at the top. Good luck
    Brooke

    #1030502
    Jake@EmroyPrint
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up
    0
    ::

    I’m not a mother, nor a father for that fact – But in my opinion, it is very overpriced for what it is.

    Great idea, yes – But too expensive.

    – Jake

    #1030503
    slayingdragons
    Member
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Karen,

    I’m new here and although I can’t give you too much information in marketing your particular product(which is great by the way) I would suggest you open up an Ebay shop. Ebay is a great way to access a massive amount of customers here and overseas who wouldn’t normally find your website, you could even try the Australian alternative Oztion. Listing your products on these auction sites will also help your product rankings when people are searching for baby products. It does cost though so you may have to factor this into your pricing. I agree that if you do approach baby stores about stocking them you would have to offer a wholesale price on them to make it viable for them but the upside is the increased sales you would gain.

    Good luck with it all though I think you will do well once you find your market it’s a great product.

    #1030504
    Paul Cunningham
    Member
    • Total posts: 69
    Up
    0
    ::

    Karen

    If youre looking for some free marketing activites, try some of the online women’s networking sites. You can set up a free profile page, describe your product, get some feedback from your target market. You’ll be able to get links back to your site which might drag in a little traffic.

    This isnt a perfect strategy but it might get you the odd sale and some valuable feedback on pricing etc (as there as some concerns expressed here). Try Australian Business Womens Network to start and look for others – there are heaps of them.

    Your site looks great by the way. All the best for your venture.

    #1030505
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::
    Paul Cunningham, post: 36739 wrote:
    Karen

    If youre looking for some free marketing activites, try some of the online women’s networking sites. You can set up a free profile page, describe your product, get some feedback from your target market. You’ll be able to get links back to your site which might drag in a little traffic.

    This isnt a perfect strategy but it might get you the odd sale and some valuable feedback on pricing etc (as there as some concerns expressed here). Try Australian Business Womens Network to start and look for others – there are heaps of them.

    Your site looks great by the way. All the best for your venture.

    That is a good point. There are a large amount of WAHM networks out there. Have you tried facebook? Two I know of are http://www.facebook.com/supportawahp and http://www.facebook.com/pages/WHO-Adelaide-Chummy-Mummy/110031542353800

    Facebook is huge with Mums.

    Good luck!

    #1030506
    Samot
    Member
    • Total posts: 157
    Up
    0
    ::

    What I was thinking of after reading your post about no sales and lack of marketting is I would love to see a video of the product in use.

    I then looked at your website and was about to close it but in the corner of my eye I saw the link to the video.

    I believe since you already have alot of data a customer would need(price, features, general appearance) to read on the homepage they have no need to browse the rest of the site which means missing out on watching the videoo

    After watching the video the quality wasn’t high enough for me and turned me off a bit.

    I’m not much of a video editor but I would love to see very white walls, high quality video and zooming and panning of the product.

    So to summarize my thoughts, I think the home page should have a play button to see the video and maybe should even auto play the video once the site has loaded, forcing the customer to watch how dam useful it is.

    I think the price is fine and from the pictures it looks durable and worth the price.

    p.s. good luck

    p.s. also could be a bit late but why not advertise on facebook for mothers day

    Gifts for recent mothers?
    Have a look at our pram extension
    that will make her life and her
    first borns easier.

    Offer a mothers day discount

    #1030507
    Martine
    Member
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    0
    ::

    What are the dimensions?

    If i were looking at it on the net, i’d want to know how big it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.