Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Here Meet and Share Knowledge With Like Minded People

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johnpaulgrant
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Hello Everyone,

My name is John Paul Grant and I am here because I have a desire to talk to people with the same mindset as myself.

My family and friends all have a typical day job and so I am therefore incapable of holding a discussion related to business & marketing.

A Little About Me ….

So my background is in SEO / PPC, in which I have worked for a number of companies over the course of several years, but I quickly got tired of working for someone else and decided it was time to start my own business. So I quit my job and opened an SEO agency. I managed to get the business to a level of which i could at least survive off, and things were going quite smoothly.

Then I read “The Four Hour Work Week” by Timothy Ferris

Which completely changed the way i think, and I had my second realisation … I did not want to simply trade money for time.

I decided to start a virtual assistant company and open office in Manila. So that is where I am at now … a 24 yr old, growing a outsourcing company in the philippines, with the end goal being freedom of time and money!

I am a big believer in outsourcing, passive income and lifestyle design and I am looking for people who are interested in this kind of philosophy as well.

Looking forward to discussing, and sharing information with you all!

Craig_H
    • Total posts: 59
    Up

Welcome John Paul Grant.

I am also in that same mindset. ‘Work smarter, not harder’, is my new moto.
    As a graphic designer I was limited to how much I can earn because I am trading money for my time, so even at a huge hourly rate the most I could earn is the hours in a day. So I am in the process of starting a new business that will give me a lot more freedom.
    I turned 30 last year and my girlfriend and I are looking at getting married and having kids down the track and I want the flexibility of being able to see my kids sports carnivals or even go dirt biking with my mates during the week if I feel like it.

Best of luck with your venture, starting something like that young should set you up quite nicely.

johnpaulgrant
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Thanks Craig, nice to meet you, good luck with you new venture also ;)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there!
    Apologies, I’m not sure whether to address you as John or John Paul? Either way, welcome to the forums, and thanks for sharing a little of your story with us. :)

Hope you find this a fun and valuable place to hang out.

All the best,
    Jayne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.