Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Here we go…please give me your feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Birgit
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hi All,
    I really would appreciate a couple minutes of your time to give me your feedback on our website.

We are a small business selling a range of printing and office products such as toners, inks but also packaging tape, labels, envelopes etc and can get printing jobs done (business cards, letterheads, PO books, etc). Our target audience goes from individuals to businesses, which seems to work so far looking at the orders received via the website but also through e-mail and phone orders. BUT we would like to increase the website order part now.

I just would like a general feedback to see what would need editing/looking at and if there is anything we are missing. We are in the process of adding a ‘Clearance’ page but apart from that I am at a stage now where I can not see the wood for the trees – so your comments are appreciated.

Our website is:

http://www.suncast.com.au

Thanks so much

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

the facebook and geotrust seem a little out of place, but apart from that looks good, but im sure i have seen this before (template site?) somewhere

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up

Not a full review, but I think you need to get some photos for some of your products. On the front page I see “New Products for September”, and 3 out of 4 products have missing images.

I realise you are in a difficult industry to have different photos for every product, but that would turn me off your site instantly when I arrived.

Matt

Samot
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

Also just a quick review, have you considered moving the Free Postage Banner to where the facebook and geotrust are.

Better marketing and I think it will look better

Birgit
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Morning!

Thanks so much for your feedback, we will sit down and have a look at your concerns/comments and see what we can do.

But they make sense, so again a big thanks :)

Hope you all have a great day

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

Hello there,

The thing with office supplies is it’s all about repeat business, it’s much easier to keep a good client than to get new ones. So what you want are things like favorites/pick lists, contract pricing etc

As it is you are in competition with Officeworks, and you can’t beat them. Your market as an independent is best B2B and your website should be geared as such. IMO there is little point opening your website to the public. You want to gear it to your service oriented customers because thats what you can beat the big guys at…look at corporate express, national one, cosy, etc…they all have contract pricing and so you need to log in first…

The expense to maintain 50 gazzilion product lines on a website without a full on integrated inventory system are fairly astronomical tho. Also purchasing many small items on a website is impractical for the consumer, which is why you want repeat customers and picklists, etc

However having said that high end binding/laminating/whiteboards machines, while bulky to freight worked very well for us. We could easily undercut the big guys on price and provide better service/advice to boot. Weather you get those margins these days I do not know, the proliferation of $30 dollar junk machines at kmart will remove the soho market for you…I’d also bet there are 100’s of people in that market now, (when we were doing it, GBC were about the only other people doing it)

Anyway, I guess thats more about your market than your website. But I suppose your website really should match your audience. Regardless, hope that helps somewhat. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.