Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hey I’m Ash from Traralgon, VIC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ash Guitar Teacher
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hey everybody!

I’m Ash. I’m a musician and guitar teacher from Traralgon, VIC. I started teaching guitar for extra money 3 years ago and it started to take off so now I’m really pursuing it further as a sustainable career.

I’ve learned a lot in 3 years about what works and what doesn’t when it comes to a micro business so I’m here to give any advice and help I can give others, drum up some more exposure for my business and also to read other peoples advice and experiences on all the fun things that come from running your own business. I’ve learned the best things small businesses can do is help each other.

http://www.facebook.com/AshLinahanGuitar

Looking forward to being a part of this community :)

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Ash

Glad that you have found your way to Flying Solo, it is a great interactive community of business owners.

Good news about your business too, the organic growth is nice considering you were planning a part time exercise.

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Hi Ash
    Welcome to Flying Solo .. You’re not flying solo anymore ;-)
    Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!
    I actually started my business writing press kits for bands, so I might PM you to see if you’re interested in some opportunities that might be coming up and also to share some of the ways I promoted my business to bands – including sponsoring band comps …
    KJ

Ash Guitar Teacher
    Up

Thanks guys I look forward to being here. I’d really appreciate that man that would be amazing.

Yeah the organic growth has kinda blown me away. I always wanted it to be my career but it seemed like such a pipe dream but it’s looking more and more viable every day. Still a way to go but it actually feels possible now. It’s so hard to get people in the door for that first lesson. My teaching style and personality works so I have no problem keeping students and getting great results from them. But that first lesson is such a hurdle every time. I’ve been using the old “mention this ad and your first lesson is free” thing which helps get them in the door and tells me what advertising is working (theoretically lol) but it’s still my real challenge.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Ash,

Your passion for your work is infectious – I hope the business continues to take off for you.

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

Ash Guitar Teacher
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 190025 wrote:
    Hi Ash,

Your passion for your work is infectious – I hope the business continues to take off for you.

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

Much Appreciated Jayne :)

affgar
    • Total posts: 123
    Up

Well done ASH.

Love your style. Welcome & warmth heading your way :)
    Always have a soft spot for muso’s lol

Rock on dude!

Ash Guitar Teacher
    Up
    affgar, post: 190078 wrote:
    Well done ASH.

Love your style. Welcome & warmth heading your way :)
    Always have a soft spot for muso’s lol

Rock on dude!

Haha. We’re a loveable lot that’s for sure. Appreciate the good vibes though man :) Thanks! :D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.