Home – New Forums Tech talk Hey SEO People… what’s happening?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    ::
    Aidan, post: 129857 wrote:
    …just get someone to mention how “their cousin who works in IT says meta keywords are very important”I had this just yesterday. We launched a website for a restaurant, and was asked about meta keywords. I said don’t worry about them.

She then said ‘Our sister restaurant (whom we also did their site) said that one of their customers had said that their SEO was no good because they have no meta keywords. Sometimes I think I should just put them in so people stop asking.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 129861 wrote:
    I had this just yesterday. We launched a website for a restaurant, and was asked about meta keywords. I said don’t worry about them.

She then said ‘Our sister restaurant (whom we also did their site) said that one of their customers had said that their SEO was no good because they have no meta keywords. Sometimes I think I should just put them in so people stop asking.
    Hi Matthew,

I always keep this 2002 article up my sleeve for such a situation, “Death Of A Meta Tag“.

You can email it to your client with the suggestion that her sister’s SEO service seems just a little out of date. I wonder what else they don’t know…?

Regs,
    JohnW

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

LOL – I hear it all the time, sometimes referred to as ‘hidden words’ and so many cousins working in IT all seem to think them important. I guess back in the day some IT classes must have touched on website construction and the use of meta keywords, so all the cousins of that era think they’re still in use!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.