Home – New Forums Tech talk hey small businesss owner… SEO speech

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    ::

OK.. I want to empower people with this post.
    so here I go.

If you are a small business owner…
    if you feel 100% stuck with all the confusing SEO/convertion/traffic/marketing theories, experts, etc…

I want to tell you one thing: You can be 1st for any term you want to be.

You can compete vs any big corporation. vs big company…

So the question is how?

The answer is easy: By just trying.

I mean… try to do an effort . Try to start today and see what happens.

I’m not going to talk about how to link build, or how to modify your website or anything like that … I’m just going to talk to about YOUR DECISION of taking action.

Off course you can hire someone to do it for you
    You can hire Matt, John, Kbrookes or any other Ninja out there. They all know their job and I’m pretty sure they will provide great results. They don’t have a cute SouthAmerican accent but that’s not their fault.. ;)

BUT

You can do it.

Just set yourself a small goal.
    to increase your ranking a few positions .
    to concentrate your effort in JUST one keyword…
    to do baby steps and then move ahead with bigger challenges.

My point is: Information is out there and there is nothing cooler than applying that info in your own website, your own business and see your ranking and your traffic increase.

So just take action.
    No fear.
    Go out there and do some link building … as an experiment , to see what happens.

Learn not to fear Google , and instead understand that Google works a bit similar to Dominic my 15 month old baby boy. ( He does what ever he want’s to do – he is the master of his own destiny)

So if you are stuck in position 47 for your target keyword: Today is the day to improve your ranking.

If you start working on your ranking… you can only improve…

Trust me if you drop from position 47 to 49… who cares?.

But if you jump from position 47 to 45 thanks to your own effort…. that is going to feel pretty dam good.

To end my long boring-speech

the SEO-geek-freebie weekly link

http://www.seocourse.com.au/flyingsolofreebie.pdf
    Right Click and Save As.
    (32 page manual about basic SEO stuff in case you feel inspired to apply it)

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

i have been taking a few tips from your http://www.seocourse.com.au/ for a personal site im toying with.

some results but only just started. i have submitted a few articles (ezine (still to be approved) and hub pages) and some links in travel blogs and travel directories….

http://www.phuket-luxury-villa.com/ is on page 4 now for “phuket luxury villa” and 6 for “luxury villa phuket” and it was around page 5 billion..;)

seocourse
    Up

Well, if you rank 1st and want to thank me by giving me a holiday in Phuket… I’m pretty sure my wife will love me to have THAT type of partner/customers.

I’m pretty sure I can still do some SEO from my luxury Villa in Phuket ;)

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

ha not my villa unfortunately (web design doesnt pay that well!)

and yes i have often thought i could do my web design from a villa in phuket…hmmm, one day

premiumwriting
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Very nice, inspiring speech. Although there is one thing I’d like to comment on for the business owners here who are getting their heads around SEO:

You can be 1st for any term you want to be.

But just because you can, doesn’t necessarily mean you should. Keyword selection is extremely important, and working ‘smart’ on a few targeted keywords can be much more effective than working hard on a big, general keyword.

exstatic
    • Total posts: 335
    Up
    seocourse, post: 54210 wrote:
    I want to tell you one thing: You can be 1st for any term you want to be.

Great inspiration speech Gabriel.. but 1st for any term you want to be? – That’s pretty misleading.

I want to be 1st for the term facebook.

How would I do that?

seocourse
    Up

Fair point…

May be facebook will take you a bit more than a weekend to be 1st. ;)

seocourse
    Up
    eoadonia, post: 0 wrote:
    If you want to rank better, you should do SEO both on page and off page. After doing this , wait for the results.

Gosh… that was deep.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.