Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi! Advices for a diamond jewellery start up please?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gr8leo87
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

Hey guys

Glad to have landed here and connect with fellow solo flyers!

I am planning to start a diamond jewellery business (engagement rings, wedding bands, earrings, bracelets etc)

Initially it would be an online venture and later on going into retail brick and mortar store.

I would like to learn what areas of Sydney region do you think would be a good place to have a small retail store?

I would be new to Sydney and hence I don’t know much. I guess somewhere around Sydney CBD or perhaps in or around Bondi ?

Ideally it should be at a place where I can find high spenders so may be out far towards the west side like Parramatta wouldn’t be such a good idea?

Also I would love to network with fellows who can set diamonds in settings and also repair jewellery, as that work I would like to outsource.

Cheers!

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi there

Welcome to Flying Solo’s forums, it’s good to have you here.

You could consider adding a signature to your posts so forumites can tell at a glance what you do.

Sounds as if you’re in the early days of researching retail options. Sydney definitely has plenty of wealthy pockets, but clearly the retail rents reflect this!

With regard connecting with others, have you had a browse of this part of our directory? You may come across some people you want to network with.

All the best,

Sam

smurf1
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hi gr8loe87

Welcome to Flying Solo!

I recently had my engagement ring made up by a Jewellery Designer here in Perth. Anyway it turns out he lectures through TAFE here in WA, and sources a lot of his contacts there.

So basically you will likely best get in touch with the following people associated with TAFE-NSW and meet and greet over a coffee or lunch or visit their studio.

https://www.tafensw.edu.au/library/studylinks/arts/jewellery.htm

All the best for your new venture.

Mark

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome

Lot’s of competition in the arena of jewellery and diamonds, how will you be different to what is available?

Define your position in the market place and why people will choose you otherwise you may need a very expensive store front near to other high end stores to try and capture their client base.

I look forward to hearing more about your business on the forums here.

gr8leo87
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Hi Guys

Thanks for taking interest and replying.

True about the TAFE. I can get in touch with relevant people there.

I can compete on prices, firstly. Second I have some good knowledge of diamonds and jewelry under my belt working for about 8 years in this industry overseas. I have overseas contacts to source goods at very competitive prices.

Plus I can offer personalized services, custom designs etc.

My first step would be to start the business online and then move to a retail place.

I can fight on the price point being able to source the best quality available at that price. That’s my strength. I’m gonna need to portray that to customers of course and a nice website would be a good start I suppose.

I’ll be posting here once my website is designed and live.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.