• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    akkido
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,
    I have worked as a self employed environmental consultant for 13 years or so. Unfortunately, this work is slowly getting less and less. But … I see this as an opportunity to (slowly) go in a different direction: making bags and other helpful things from recycled materials.

I have a lot of questions with regards to how to combine these two completely different things into the one business – do I use the same ABN? can I add the bag making as a new trading name to my consultancy business? how do I go about GST? can I start claiming expenses? (no need to answer these questions here and now – I will try to make myself a bit clearer in an appropriate spot and post on this forum).

Cheers!
    Ak

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Ak, and welcome to the forums,

Recycling/upcycling is very popular right now, good luck getting your bag business
    off the ground.

I encourage you to add a signature (via the Control Panel in the top left) so folks can see what you do at a glance.

Here’s hoping you’ll enjoy the interaction within the forum.

Cheers,

Sam on behalf of the FS team

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hello Ak,

Welcome to the forum, you will find answers to your current questions and more throughout these halls of knowledge.

Steve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.