Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi all from Sydney

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ezza
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

Nice to meet you all. My name is Eric from Sydney, I’m a graphic artist with a decent skill set in my industry and hope I could also contribute in someways with my background knowledge for those who have questions. However in saying so I have very little knowledge of the business side of things, looking forward to learning here and share ideas.

Jason G
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Welcome, Eric! This is definitely a great place to learn & share ideas.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome Eric

Flying Solo is a hub of information for small business, I look forward to catch up on the forums. There are a lot of Sydney people here too.

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Hello and welcome from a fellow Sydneysider! Looking forward to hearing more from you in the forums :)
    KJ

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Welcome mate, you’ll learn loads here.

Lucinda Lions
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

Hi Ezza

A very bright and cheery welcome to the Flying Solo forums!

It’s wonderful that you want to share your own knowledge and expertise as well as learn more. A great attitude to have, because the forums are definitely a place to both give and receive!

Hey, it would be great if you could add a forum signature. Your forum signature appears at the bottom of all your posts and it’s a great place to put your website address and brief details about your business. Find out what to include and how to do it on our Tips for new players page.

Hope you have heaps of fun on the forums!
    Lucinda :)

Ezza
    Up

Thank you all for giving me a warm welcome. It’s already a great place to be. If your interested, you can learn a little bit more about myself and the work that I do on the following link ericdesign.com.au.

Jason: Totally agree with you, lets learn and share ideas.

Kelly: Thanks for the greeting, I’m sure we’ll cross path on many occasions here.

KJ: Sydney is a great place to be, so is Australia. See you around.

Octopus Labs: Thanks for the welcome. Already learnt lots from reading other posting.

Lucinda: Nice to meet you Lucinda, thanks heaps for the tip. Did that, done that and already excited to be around.

affgar
    • Total posts: 123
    Up

Welcome Ezza … :D

Hope you participate & get or give some great information.

I hope that is not a flash based website you have?
    Though looks nice hehe

Ezza
    Up

Thanks for dropping by and also visiting my site affgar. Nope it’s not Flash, my site is running on WordPress which has an admin system that allows me to easily make content and image updates without having to do much coding.

For those curious in knowing, Flash is a software (own by Adobe) popular until the introduction of the smart phones. Previously used for rich interactive website but these days it isn’t used much apart from online ads and animation. The main case for this is because they don’t work on some mobile devices. Generally the Flash format draws up a lot of CPU power which means that these mobile devices will run the battery dry quickly. From the designers end, while Flash may look good they are not content update friendly and takes a fair amount of effort to make changes. For such reason those who are looking to build a website in my opinion I would recommend to stay away from using Flash, however if it is banner ads and animation that your after then it is justifiable to do a good job.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.