Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi all. I am a business coach and also solopreneur on the side!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Steve SME Business Coach
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

Hi Paul

That’s funny how our target market are so similar. Some of your TM’s issues will be similar to mine, but some different as a result of differing growth pains. There may well be some synergies with what we are embarking on!

Thanks for your advice about LM, I think you’re absolutely right. There is little worse than weak, value-less downloads… where is that unsubscribe button?

I am in a bit of internal struggle at the moment between wanting to have everything planned out perfectly, before I put up a landing page with a LM, but then again, sometimes you just need to take action! I often over-analyse and over-plan, so I am keen to just to take the plunge and just get started…

I am thinking that your suggestion of the success stories might be a good LM because it is right at the top of the funnel, however I feel that because it is not of any intrinsic value to people (ie they will not learn how to transform their business and their results from a success story), that I will have to have a lot of well thought-through content to follow on with, otherwise they will lose interest. Whereas, if I offer them something of value, I can leave it a bit longer before I start hitting up subscribers with follow up content.

Any thoughts on my impatience vs ‘just do it!’ conflict?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Steve,

We are in the same boat and have the same dilemmas :-)

Because of my offline business and my role here and more to the point, my practised but un-strategic procrastination routine, I still haven’t got my product out there.

A contributor here and an ex-forum member, Dan Norris has a book and a bit of a accompanying movement really called 7-Day Start-up – the book is on Amazon and there is a free FB group and paid Mastermind.

I am a big fan of WP Curve content and Dan’s message is definitely get it out there.

I am on a path to have my first piece of content published within 14 days – and I invite you to hold me to it.

If you want to be brave and share a timeline, I will happily do the same for you.

Cheers

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    Up
    Steve SME Business Coach, post: 240550, member: 87293 wrote:
    I am thinking that your suggestion of the success stories might be a good LM because it is right at the top of the funnel, however I feel that because it is not of any intrinsic value to people (ie they will not learn how to transform their business and their results from a success story), that I will have to have a lot of well thought-through content to follow on with, otherwise they will lose interest. Whereas, if I offer them something of value, I can leave it a bit longer before I start hitting up subscribers with follow up content.

There are easy ways to do both eg, 3 success stories with a common element and workbook based around that element as a LM or 1 success story with many elements accompanied by a LM that draws from one of those elements that is actionable and will make a difference to the business eg, FREE Level Up Worksheet – Exactly How To Create Your One BIG Idea To Put Your Business On An Accelerated Growth Path Today.

Steve SME Business Coach
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 240552, member: 78928 wrote:
    I am on a path to have my first piece of content published within 14 days – and I invite you to hold me to it.

If you want to be brave and share a timeline, I will happily do the same for you.

Cheers

Sounds like a plan Paul, I am a big fan of accountability to help get stuff done!

Half my problem is not actually knowing what I need to do, in what order! For me, running a business is stuff I can do in my sleep, but starting one up? Which foot goes in front of which? Any ideas, otherwise my timeline will be very lacking in steps…

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    Up
    Steve SME Business Coach, post: 240579, member: 87293 wrote:
    Sounds like a plan Paul, I am a big fan of accountability to help get stuff done!

Half my problem is not actually knowing what I need to do, in what order! For me, running a business is stuff I can do in my sleep, but starting one up? Which foot goes in front of which? Any ideas, otherwise my timeline will be very lacking in steps…

Things to do in order (you may have already done some of them:

• Register ABN and buy domain
    • Create elevator pitch – what you do and who is it aimed at and what problem do you solve
    • Choose cms/ theme if WordPress
    • Decide site structure – very important if you are aiming locally and want good SEO results/Not as important if you are relying on content marketing
    • Create homepage/contact/blog pages
    • Choose lead generation platform eg Leadpages, Thrive Leads etc
    • Choose email segmenter/sender eg, drip, aweber,convertkit,mailchimp
    • Write and set up email sequences and segments
    • Create landing pages, decide on pop ups,flyins etc
    • Build more pages eg pricing, how it works, what you will get etc

Create “By When” Goals for each of the above steps.

To this point, you have not got a single visitor or prospect.,

And overwhelm may start to emerge.

If that is the case segment your list to make each point a single task to be completed by when and hide the rest of the list from yourself:-). Or consider looking for a co-founder who can do that stuff for you or pay somebody to do it.

So if you googled how to build an email list or content marketing guide, you can research and develop a strategy to support goals in that area.

Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

Dan’s book, 7 Day Start up has a concise framework. I recommend it.

Most of all, it urges action.

Now.

And his book Create of Hate has one big idea. Create more than you consume. This is my big problem.

Steve SME Business Coach
    Up

Paul

Thanks, that was useful. It also made me realise, I am sitting on my hands for not knowing details, rather than forging onwards…

Today, I have mind-mapped an outline of all the material I intend to cover, to give me a framework.

I have signed up for Dan’s 7 day course on the 7 Day Start up. I like his style of just get started…

I have also spent hours and hours thinking through a myriad of boring domain names, then asked my creative wife, who came up with a great one which, with a bit of free license with the spelling, was available! So I have bought that and am now feeling like I have actually achieved something!

Awesome!

My plan is going to be quite simple at this early stage – I want to go live with a landing page and start to build a list, before I build a main site. The main reason being that (similarly to you) I tend to procrastinate and I just want to take action, without the convenient excuse of “my website is not yet built” etc etc.

I’ll get a plan up together over the next day or two (probably Tuesday).

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    Up

Congrats on progress Steve!

My wife is creative like that too.

This inspired me around a single page site so it is worth checking out.

http://ascendancydigital.com/

#progress, #relief

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.