Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi all, Sunnyfox here!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sunnyfox
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

Hi fellow forum goers. I had a quick look around the place and found tons of good posts, so here I am to soak up as much as I can (and hopefully be able to contribute something too).

About me:

I’m originally from the US, I married an Aussie gal and she had the last say in where we would live, so here I am! I’m having a pretty good time in Australia and enjoying the attention I get when I talk to strangers: they keep saying I have an accent… but I feel the same about them…

Anyway, my first love is soccer, but pretty much any type of “football” makes me happy. I have even started to pick up on some of AFL’s rules, and accordingly, found the referee’s interpretation of them lacking, especially when they call them against Essendon.

Besides sports I love reading my Kindle and going fruit picking with my wife, the blueberries here are quite tasty! I even got my first orange tree and it has produced a single fruit….oh well, better luck next year.

As for why I joined the forum, My wife and I have decided to start a small business *shameless plug coming up* sunnyfox.com.au. We will be selling gift and gadgets like cartoon shaped USB drives and camera lens cups, stuff like that. *shameless plug complete*

It’s our first time trying out any type of business so we are more than open to criticism (constructive or otherwise) and hope everyone will not feel reserved when providing it.

Thanks for having a read and hope to hear from you soon!

Travis

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

Hi Travis,

Welcome aboard! Can I ask how you came up with your business name?
    It intrigues me.

Cheers

Cat :)

sunnyfox
    Up
    Cat – GLC, post: 164192 wrote:
    Hi Travis,

Welcome aboard! Can I ask how you came up with your business name?
    It intrigues me.

Hi Cat,

Thanks, good to be here.

Well, it intrigues me too. In order to get my wife on board for this, I said she could pick the name of our business. I said: “I don’t mind what it is as long as it loosely describes what we will be doing and/or gives customers an idea of what to expect on the site.”

So with that at heart, she ignored me and came up with sunnyfox.

I asked her why? and she said that we will sell small cute things and foxes are small and cute, and sunny because it is in Australia. I was all ready to object but she had sketched up a bunch of logos and seemed really excited about it… and so we now run sunnyfox.com.au

But in her defence, I did want to use red, orange, or yellow as a main colour for the site, so I guess “fox” is in that colour range…. And a nice thing was that the business name, .com, and .com.au where all available (go figure)

In hindsight, it turned out to be a bit of a blessing in disguise because since “we” chose that name, she has really gotten into it and done a lot of work with me, so it makes the adventure much more fun.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

G’day Travis!

Welcome to Flying Solo, and welcome to Australia.

Sounds like you’re having a blast being here, and that you guys make a great team. I hope that it all goes brilliantly for you, and am looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Nice to meet you :)
    Jayne

sunnyfox
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 164227 wrote:
    G’day Travis!

Welcome to Flying Solo, and welcome to Australia.

Sounds like you’re having a blast being here, and that you guys make a great team. I hope that it all goes brilliantly for you, and am looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Nice to meet you :)
    Jayne

Hi Jayne,

Thanks for the kind words. Yup, flyingsolo is a pretty useful resource. Nice meeting you too.

Travis

CarlieHamilton
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

Hey Travis

Actually, I really love the name, your logo and your stuff! So I think the name really hits the nail on the head. I lived in Japan for a while so a lot of your stuff makes me miss being there and going through the shops. Your prices seem pretty awesome too – you have acquired a new fan, minimal effort :)

– Carlie

sunnyfox
    Up
    CarlieHamilton, post: 164240 wrote:
    Hey Travis

Actually, I really love the name, your logo and your stuff! So I think the name really hits the nail on the head. I lived in Japan for a while so a lot of your stuff makes me miss being there and going through the shops. Your prices seem pretty awesome too – you have acquired a new fan, minimal effort :)

– Carlie

Hi Carlie,

Glad to hear it! My wife and I met in Tokyo while we were teaching English, so we miss being there too. It’s part of the reason behind our product selection, cool that you could pick up on it!

Travis

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259
    Up

Hey Travis,

I’ll be the next to welcome you to the country and the forums! Nice site you’ve got there, have given you a Facebook like. There’s a nice chap on here who runs CoolKaboodle, you guys should get in touch.

If I see you around the forums, I’ll do my best to help. The web is my arena, if you encounter any issues with your store or have questions, let me know :)

Martin

sunnyfox
    Up
    embersketch, post: 164284 wrote:
    Hey Travis,

I’ll be the next to welcome you to the country and the forums! Nice site you’ve got there, have given you a Facebook like. There’s a nice chap on here who runs CoolKaboodle, you guys should get in touch.

If I see you around the forums, I’ll do my best to help. The web is my arena, if you encounter any issues with your store or have questions, let me know :)

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for stopping by to say hi and for liking our facebook page, yeah for #6! haha. I’ll be sure to drop CoolKaboodle a line.

Hope to see you around.

Travis

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.