• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    adharrison
    • Total posts: 50
    Up
    ::

Hi My name is Angela and I am just setting out on my first sole trading adventure.

Over the years I have considered it many times and read books etc, come very close, but never took the plunge, out of caution/fear. However, I reflected on how long I have been thinking about it, and wondered just how skilled I would be by now had I just taken the plunge 10 years ago or more.

I am starting a bit of a ‘winging it’ venture selling products (vintage, handmade and new clothes and giftware) from an online store, to practice and build skills in small business management, and soon when I feel braver I plan on doing the NEIS scheme and/or one of the small business labs to build a tourism advertising/retail business.

In my day to day life I am a carer for my special needs children and father, sole parent, writer, creative type, and formerly a disability support worker.

Look forward to getting to know you all and learn a lot :)

Enviro Footprint
    • Total posts: 94
    Up

Welcome Angela

Only a newbie here myself, but lots of good info on here…

Good on you for taking the plunge,

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Hello Angela,

Well you’ve come to the right place.
    Lot’s of caring people here too, along with lots of support and good info.

All best,

Lindsay

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Hi Angela, and welcome. Lovely to have you here and after awhile you’ll wonder why you didn’t do this much sooner. You’ll also find there is no going back once you’ve tasted the freedom of being able to make your own choices and be the author of your own future.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Angela,

What an exciting time for you! I hope you love every moment of your new venture.

Welcome to Flying Solo, :)
    Jayne

tim_davies
    • Total posts: 54
    Up

Sounds like you have your hands full.
    Bite of more than you can chew and choose like carzy, right?

Good luck with the ideas as they proceed.

adharrison
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

ha yes I waited very patiently for life to settle down so I could put all my energy into this… it never happened! So I may as well do it anyway :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.