• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Linda Kay
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

I have been slowly building a pet sitting/ pet minding and dog walking business called Caring 4 Paws.
    I have been running as a registered business since October last year, but I have been looking after other people’s pets for many years. I absolutely love working with animals and would love to turn my passion into a successful, thriving busines. I have been struggling with social media and although I have a facebook page, I would appreciate any advice about using Instagram. I would like to start out the right way, but I feel like I’m stumbling in the dark as I am not familiar with it at all. It would be great to connect with anyone who has experience in the industry who’s willing to share some tips with a “newbie”.
    Thanks, Linda

natedamman
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

I’m happy to help you. give me an email with any questions you have.
    [email protected]

hope this helps you :)

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Linda,

Welcome to Flying Solo’s forum. Instagram is a great platform, but remember you don’t need to be across every social media channel. Better to use one or two well than spread yourself too thin I reckon!

Sam

RichLucas
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Hi Linda and welcome! You’ve made a great choice joining up, Flying Solo is a great resource.

Just wondering – have you checked out the Flying Solo podcast? You can find it under Small Business Tips on the iTunes store. The reason I mention this is that in episode 8 of the podcast (‘Are you wasting time on social media?’) Robert interviews Troy Dean, a social expert.

Here are a few oft-repeated ideas for social:

– Have a strategy. Why are you posting, what’s your aim?
    – Know your audience. Where do they hang out online? FB, G+, forums etc. Sam’s comment above is relevant here, you needn’t be everywhere social if your customers are only using one or two main channels.
    – Build your reputation. Sharing (curating) valuable content from other aligned pages can help here.

Hope this helps a little… you should be able to find that particular interview once you’ve located the podcast if you’re keen.

Best of luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.