Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi Everyone, could l have your opinions please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stace.Fear
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi my name is Stacey,

l have had this idea for a while now and am really wanting to pursue it over the next 12 months. l just need to build the confidence a bit more. So please give me all type of feed back, I would be forever grateful!!

I want to open a small business whether starting from home then to a store in Townsville to sell medical uniforms such as scrubs (plan, paediatric, colourful, logo’s on them, etc), medical shoes, medical gowns/coats. This idea appeals to me so much as there is a big hospital here, lots of dental practices and medical clinics. Working as a dental assistant myself I have often waited a month to receive scrubs and I always thought how great it would be if I could go to a uniform shop here and just buy them.

I have a dual diploma in business management so I know what I need to do to run a business and l’m a qualified dental assistant. if you have any thoughts on what start up processes would be effective for this type of small business please let me know. :)

Thanks!!!

Stacey

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up

Hi Stacy,

The first thing that comes to mind for me (I don’t work in the medical industry, this is based only from being in a delivery theatre once) is, don’t the hospitals make scrubs available?
    They just gave me a set to wear (which I ever so conveniently forgot to return..)
    so would nurses etc normally need to buy their own?

that aside, some other things you’d need to sort to get this off the ground:
    – A regular guaranteed source of the items you want to sell
    – At a wholesale price so you can put a markup on and make profit
    – a store front (unless you want people coming to your house to pick up the items)
    – fitout of a shopfront ?

hope this helps you get started a bit.. :)

iWebDev
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Hi Stacy,

Where do all the businesses buy everything they need from at the moment? I would of thought the hospital would have something set up with QLD heath and the Gov. would tender the supply?

If you would like some help with setting up an online store feel free to contact [email protected] even if its just to answer some questions and help point you in the right direction.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.