Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi everyone, from one of Sydney’s first Coworking businesses.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    andrew@co-worka
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

Hi all flyingsoloists,

Good to be here. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name’s Andrew and along with my sister Alys are in the process of starting a new coworking business called CO-WORKA on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.

http://www.co-worka.com.au

I’ve used flyingsolo for a while as a valuable resource for advice on starting a business and thought it was about time I gave a bit back through the forums.

I feel like a master juggler at the moment balancing so many things at once, but really enjoy the process of starting.

Best of luck

Andrew

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Hi Andrew

Great concept! – I heard about something similar in Berlin.

Unfortunately you’re on the wrong side of the city/harbour for me, but I’ll spread the word.

Good luck
    Astrid

andrew@co-worka
    Up
    Astrid, post: 25087 wrote:
    Hi Andrew

Great concept! – I heard about something similar in Berlin.

Unfortunately you’re at the wrong side of the city/harbour for me, but I’ll spread the word.

Good luck
    Astrid

Hi Astrid

Thanks for your support. We really feel we are at the start of something big and this will be the way to work for independent workers in the future.

The coworking movement is growing all over the world at the moment, it’s incredible.

http://coworking.pbworks.com/

I would really appreciate if you could spread the word for us with your friends and contacts as its difficult to do everything with only the two of us.

Any time your in the Dee Why area your welcome to come in and visit us.

Many thanks

Andrew
    [email protected]

Astrid
    Up

Will do :)

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Hi Andrew

Love your website and I’m sure there will be heaps of people interested. A great idea!

Best wishes and look forward to catching your posts on the Forums,

Janna

Astrid
    Up

Hi Bong

Thanks for that, will keep it on file (I am not really a start up business anymore ..)

Cheers
    Astrid

Julia2009
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Andrew,

This is such a great idea! Last year I was daunted by the prospect of working from home, particularly since I like to bounce my ideas off other people. I hope that this trend makes its way to Melbourne. All the best.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

GREAT idea! I really wish you would open up one of these down my way (South Sydney) I think it would be a huge hit!

Regards,

Jake

mybusinesshelp
    • Total posts: 128
    Up

Hi Andrew

This is the first I have heard about this concept? Can you explain it for me? Maybe then I can recommend it to clients.

Thanks!

andrew@co-worka, post: 25089 wrote:
    Hi Astrid

Thanks for your support. We really feel we are at the start of something big and this will be the way to work for independent workers in the future.

The coworking movement is growing all over the world at the moment, it’s incredible.

http://coworking.pbworks.com/

I would really appreciate if you could spread the word for us with your friends and contacts as its difficult to do everything with only the two of us.

Any time your in the Dee Why area your welcome to come in and visit us.

Many thanks

Andrew
    [email protected]

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

HI Andrew
    Nice concept – I am on the Northern Beaches too – living Avalon and office in Mona Vale. Have you been in touch with Freelance Friday yet? A big group of freelancers that work up this way – if not drop me an email on [email protected] and I will dig out their info. Also – I heard recently about a group of jewellers and craftmen who were looking for a permanent space – not sure if you could help them out though.
    Looks good!

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Andrew, how fantastic! I love working from home but yes, the isolation does get a bit off-putting sometimes. Looks like you’ve put a great deal of thought into Co-worka and I truly hope – and believe – it’ll be a huge success. Good on you!

andrew@co-worka
    Up

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all your support, much appreciated.

We opened our doors on Monday 8th March 2010.

Your all welcome to drop in if your in the Dee Why area.

Goodbye Hibernation, Hello Collaboration

Thanks

Andrew
    [email protected]
    http://www.co-worka.com.au

Jemima Key
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

HI Andrew,

That sounds just wonderful! Does anyone know whether there is anything similar happening in Sydney’s Inner West?

Incidently (please excuse this techspaz query) can someone explain how I add a ‘signature’ to my posts?

Cheers,

jemima

Jemima Key
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    Jemima Key, post: 30654 wrote:
    HI Andrew,

That sounds just wonderful! Does anyone know whether there is anything similar happening in Sydney’s Inner West?

Incidently (please excuse this techspaz query) can someone explain how I add a ‘signature’ to my posts?

Cheers,

jemima

Found it!

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Hi Jemima, you certainly did find it! Nicely done :).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.