Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi everyone! Heart in my mouth…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John M
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Typical story, maybe. I’m a 53 year old engineer with heaps of experience in the automotive industry. Also an accredited translator and qualified teacher (no longer registered).

I’m about to give all of that away – all of it, the years of experience, the three degrees, the skills – to follow a dream and open a cafe. Not just any cafe though. I know the mechanics (the business plan, the break even point and so on) are crucial, and I’m working on those, but I also have a clear vision for the look and theme of the cafe.

Anyway – I’m right at the beginning of this process, but I want to accelerate it and open soon, in 3 to 6 months.

This looks like a great forum, and before asking any further questions I’m going to be lurking and poking around the Flying Solo nooks and crannies.

However… if anyone could point me to a good business plan/financial plan template for a cafe in Australia it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Infuse Tea
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi John.

Goodluck with your cafe! It sounds like a daunting but exciting prospect!

I know a little while back the Victorian government had a good Business plan template for small business on their website. Hopefully someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction.

All the best with your small biz!

Alison

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi John,

Welcome to Flying Solo’s forums! It takes a heap of courage to make radical changes like the one you’re embarking on, so it’s no surprise you’re feeling nervous!

Fortunately you’ve come to the right place in terms of support and advice and encouragement.

This post written by our forum concierge Jayne has some handy and relevant links in it. Also if you do a search on ‘starting a cafe’ I’m certain it’ll throw up plenty of links.

The best of luck to you… remember that fortune favours the bold :)

Sam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.