Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi everyone, how to use this forum??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gen Y advantage
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been fiddling around with this site and forum for the 2nd day now.. :)

I was wondering, is there a ‘user manual’?

It has been quite intuitive, however I didn’t realise there are so many little bits and bobs. e.g. you could add a signature, you could have a profile image, how do you subscribe to a post so it doesn’t get lost, the dates are a bit confusing to get used to (I’ve been commenting on posts that are over a year old?), how do I get notified if someone replies to a post of mine? Or how do I keep track of conversations?

And so forth..

Do you have any nifty tips for using this forum?

Linda

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your questions, and for your enthusiasm for the forum.

As a starting point, we recommend that newbies read the forum guidelines, which go a long way towards explaining how things work around here, and how the community prefers to operate.

In terms of adding profile pictures etc, visit the Control panel (accessed from the grey bar above the forum), and choose Edit Picture to add a picture to your forum profile, and then choose Edit Avatar to add a picture to your forum posts.

In the same place, choose Edit Options, and look for an option called Default Thread Subscription Mode, where you can choose to receive an email when threads you’ve commented on receives more comments. Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of the page to save the changes to your settings.

If you’d like to subscribe to a thread that you haven’t commented on, look for a drop down menu called Thread Tools, which is immediately above the top of a thread. There’s a Subscribe to Thread option there.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Jayne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.