Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi Everyone, I am new & wanting to grow my business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, I have been reading this forum for a while now and decided to join.

I have had my own small business for 15 years and I am finding it a struggle at the moment to grow the business and I am looking at changing the business slightly from a solely service based business (where I work 12 hours a day) to a combined products and service base.

I have been working as a contractor and mining consultant all this time and need a big change, so I have been looking at on-line retail so that is why I joined to learn more and I will probably ask a million questions as it’s outside my comfort zone.

So I am doing lots of reading and learning to make the change.

Cheers
    Mischelle

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Mischelle,

Apologies that your first post got held up in our moderation queue for a while there :o.

Sorry to hear that you’ve been having a tough time lately too. I hope hanging out on the forum here will help you determine the best way forward and that things are looking up soon.

If there are any specific issues that you’d like to brainstorm about, please feel free to start a new thread about them.

All the best to you and your business,
    Jayne

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

In order to be successful in business ownership, you need to find something you’re passionate about and turn that into a business idea, and also be flexible enough to outsource the tasks that you aren’t skilled in doing.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Mischelle, we have limits and the only way we can grow is to get help. Having a business coach or mentor is a great way to expand your knowledge quickly and reduce time making mistakes.

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up

Hi Tony,

I have always been passionate about my consulting work, I loved it, but I am just too tired of travel and very very long days and looking to change.

I will continue reading these forums to help me with my direction. I have ideas but can’t seem to move them forward, maybe I am just not passionate about them enough to get them moving.

Cheers
    Mischelle

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome Mischelle,

Taking a change and wanting to do something different after 15 years can be difficult.

The best thing you can do is learn as much as you can, talk to as many people as possible and enjoy forums like this one.

Online retail may not be for you – It is really tough and there is a lot involved if it is going to work.

Just keep moving forward and perhaps get some ideas down on paper too, this can help as you review them back and decide if they are worth your time.

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

Hi Mischelle,

Welcome to the forum we’re happy to have you here.

If you’re thinking about building an online store then make sure you get some solid advice within the forums before you get started. Recently I’m seeing many online stores that will really struggle to perform and get sales based on how they’ve been built.

Plenty of people around to answer and help you out. The only stupid question is the one that isn’t asked, so fire away, people are more than happy to help.

Welcome again and all the best.

Byron

RymSop
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

hi Mischelle,

Happy to have you on the forum. Wow, 15 years of that business is so great. For sure, you will be on top on this change you are pursuing.

Looking forward to learn from you as well.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Welcome!

i look forward to learning more about your plans and helping where I can.

cheers,

Matt

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.