Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi Everyone, new in forum, would appreciate some feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    inara
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone

My name is Alex Gunawan, I am a sole trader, but now treading new steps of online retailing of kids clothes.
    I have been operating my own business for quite a while, but its in architecture / 3d graphic services. This online selling thing is very new to me.

I have got my website set up and already live, all goods are stocked, and started doing some advertising on school fairs etc. I have submitted my site to google search engine but its going nowhere at the moment.

It used to be quite easy to submit to yahoo and other search engine, but now it seems yahoo free site submit is down.

Just asking for some feedback and advice on the next step, I am not throwing big budget, but would love to see some bit of activity on my store. Any ideas / comments are appreciated.

Btw, the website is http://www.inara.com.au (won’t even come up straight away on google, always get suggested to look at minara.com.au instead)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Alex,

Welcome, and congratulations on your progress with your new business so far. It sounds like you’ve been busy!

I hope you receive the advice you need soon, but if not, perhaps pop over to the Search engines etc section of the boards and ask your questions there.

All the best,
    Jayne

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum.
    Nice looking website. It takes a little time for google to crawl your site until then you could consider adwords to pay for placement.

Steve

organisemyspace
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    inara, post: 129613 wrote:
    Hi Everyone

My name is Alex Gunawan, I am a sole trader, but now treading new steps of online retailing of kids clothes.
    I have been operating my own business for quite a while, but its in architecture / 3d graphic services. This online selling thing is very new to me.

I have got my website set up and already live, all goods are stocked, and started doing some advertising on school fairs etc. I have submitted my site to google search engine but its going nowhere at the moment.

It used to be quite easy to submit to yahoo and other search engine, but now it seems yahoo free site submit is down.

Just asking for some feedback and advice on the next step, I am not throwing big budget, but would love to see some bit of activity on my store. Any ideas / comments are appreciated.

Btw, the website is http://www.inara.com.au (won’t even come up straight away on google, always get suggested to look at minara.com.au instead)

Hi Alex,

Have you considered placing advertisements on free websites? (with a link to your own website of course)

Business listing sites like True Local and Hot Frog offer free listings and I think you may be able to put popular keywords into a section of your listing which would produce results. These sites have a higher ranking on the major search engines so would direct more traffic to you.

Also, think about the possibility of a YouTube clip – perhaps you could showcase some of your items and of course then note your website or provide a link in your comments.

Has your business got a Facebook page? Utilising your own network can work wonders! Or it may pay to list one or two of your items on EBay to widen your audience….

Best of luck!

Sam :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.