Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi Everyone: Starting Up a Online Dress Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vivianebone
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi!
    I am located in Perth and I am trying to start up my first online clothing business.
    My focus is on bridesmaid dresses.

I have joined the forum to get advice and learn from others.
    The dresses I am interested in are located in China but I’m open to sourcing from Australia but can’t seem to find anyone who can make what I am looking for.

Regards,
    Viviane

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Viviane and welcome to Flying Solo. Its great to see you have made a start, but it sounds like you have a long way to go.

Sourcing products and setting up a web page are simple enough compared to getting people to find your site and making sales. This is where the real fun begins.

Good luck on your venture.

vivianebone
    Up
    Tony Manto, post: 209201 wrote:
    Hi Viviane and welcome to Flying Solo. Its great to see you have made a start, but it sounds like you have a long way to go.

Sourcing products and setting up a web page are simple enough compared to getting people to find your site and making sales. This is where the real fun begins.

Good luck on your venture.

Thanks Tony!
    Yes exciting time. Everyone has to start somewhere though. :)

Tracey G
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

Hi Viviane, and welcome.

There are a lot of people here with experience in various aspects of taking a business online. I hope you find some useful ideas.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Viviane and welcome

Have you looked through some of the groups on Facebook, there are many sewing businesses there and they may be able to offer you what you are looking for. Naturally there will be a massive price difference to have dresses made here though.

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi there Viviane,

Welcome to the Flying Solo community, I hope you find your time here useful and that you are able to use the info to get your business off the ground!

Best regards,

Sam on behalf of the Flying Solo team

vanelsenc
    Up
    vivianebone, post: 209199 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi!
    I am located in Perth and I am trying to start up my first online clothing business.
    My focus is on bridesmaid dresses.

I have joined the forum to get advice and learn from others.
    The dresses I am interested in are located in China but I’m open to sourcing from Australia but can’t seem to find anyone who can make what I am looking for.

Regards,
    Viviane

Hi Vi, I am a new designer, I have pure silk kaftans with embellishments that may be suitable for your fashion business. My kaftans are designed and final finished in Australia and made in India. You can view my collection n my website, …corinavanelsen.com.au.. . I’ve only just started this business too. My kaftans were showcased at the Italian Carnevale and Clipsal ladies lunch last month..
    Hope to hear from you soon. And all the best with your new venture.

Kind regards,
    Corina van Elsen

BenAtherton
    • Total posts: 60
    Up

Hi Viviane,

congratulations on your new venture! Let me know if I can help with any of your branding design or website needs. I have a lot of experience with designing online stores that you can manage yourself.

cheers,

MikeDav
    • Total posts: 163
    Up

Hi Viviane,

Have you checked out the various trade shows to see if there are any local suppliers for the types of dresses that you are looking for. Another option is to try Bali or Thailand and get them hand made.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.