Home – New Forums Starting your journey Hi fellow entrepreneurs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ontrapaneur
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

G’day to you all…

I am on the path to starting a business, its agricultural and livestock related. I would like to expand later on. My big question is, can you start a business in Australia but operate overseas?

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

What do you mean? Do you mean live overseas? Or sell overseas? I’m sure the answer is yes either way but getting the best structure (i.e. offshore corp or whatever is best) might make sense no one will be able to give you info on that until you provide more detail though.

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hi!

Im not sure I am any use to you :) But would love to say hi and welcome to the forum!

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up
    ontrapaneur, post: 126541 wrote:
    G’day to you all…

I am on the path to starting a business, its agricultural and livestock related. I would like to expand later on. My big question is, can you start a business in Australia but operate overseas?

Short answer is yes – but as Dan mentioned, the structure in doing so may alter depending on whether you mean you will move overseas and continue your business, or simply sell product/service from Australia to overseas clients?

From my corner of the business world, when intending to promote a business brand in other countries (well, in Australia too for that matter) you want to be sure you’re not promoting a name/brand that’s going to step on the toes of any trademark owners. If someone else already uses/promotes your name/brand in a particular country you may not be able to use the same name in international promotions as you do in Australia, so, this should be considered.

If you are looking to export products from Australia to other countries, check out http://www.austrade.gov.au, which provides a heap of information when you are looking to export or expand your business outside of Australia.

All the best :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.