Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Hi FL, could you hand me some feedback on my website?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Itch
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

The majority of people I’ve shown this to love it from an aesthetic point of view, but considering none of them are web designers or have any firm marketing skills; it’s about time to receive some experienced knowledge and feedback.

My Website

Browse through the site and tell me what you enjoy and what you feel needs improving. My business handles audio transcriptions & copy typing whilst giving the business a sense of style and identity, channelling the laid back style of DoneItNow, for better or worse perhaps. What my specific concerns are is that there may not be enough information on the site or the layout is wrong.

I’d love to read your feedback on improving the site.

Cheers for your time.

Chris H
    • Total posts: 111
    Up

Hi Itch,

Looks like a great business idea and I take it you are a Warhol fan? :)

My main suggestion would be that you better direct your content towards you can do FOR the customer.
    Rather than talk about how you are a business transcription service, perhaps you could talk about time poor entrepreneurs, managers and business owners and how you can help them.

When you click on the headings under transcription, the image fills my whole monitor and I have to scroll down for the text. I would lead with the text, punctuate it will a smaller image.

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

interesting site…things I don’t like are the number of different font variations…and I would move “Here at Trings, we specialize in high quality audio Transcription & Copy Typing.
    Each Transcriber & Typist are of the highest calibre and will work
    their hardest to provide you with the best experience
    imaginable.” above the images, as its below the fold…

Itch
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Thanks for the feedback Chris & Craig! I’ll take your advice to heart, the best move would be is to redesign the layout of the whole site. Over the next few weeks I’ll look into layouts, templates, WordPress and perhaps hiring a web designer.

Thanks again for your guidance.

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

perhaps replace the graphics with something that show what you do…

an audio file image + tings = an image of typed text
    a manual/newspaper + tings = an image of typed text

plenty of options…

PineapplePear
    • Total posts: 83
    Up

Hi Itch

Just had a quick look at the site, at first glance I find the font of the body text
    a bit too big, I’m also not sure about it being centered,
    I think I’d like to see it set left.

The other thing which I always try to avoid when setting out copy is to avoid hanging text – ie one word by itself on the last
    line.
    ^^(like that)

eg ‘imaginable’ on the first page. There is plenty of room on the line above it so not sure why it’s sitting there so lonely on the last line :)

There’s a few oddly placed line breaks like that through the site, so I’d spend some time going through fixing this.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.