Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi from a newbi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anskidi
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I have read lots of good stuff on this forum, but now to take part in this forum, I have my own Pest Control Business; my web site has been on AdWords for the last 3 weeks and average around 8 clicks per day, 5 days per week. My add is about 4th spot on first page, my question is what should you expect the enquiries rate should be from those clicks? Can someone analyse my web site and give good constructive feedback?
    If anyone is interested I will give you my address.
    I contract with another company and there hit rate is very good.

Thanks all for reading

Ant

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Ant, i am not an internet expert but everything i have read suggest the enquiry rate is 1 to 3% of visits. So if you get 100 visitors you should get 1 to 3 enquires. Not very good is it. This is why i am not a big fan of Adword or SEO.

I have always believed targeted direct marketing to work much better.

Having said all that, if I could see your site it might help give you more feedback.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

If you’re serious about getting results from your clicks, I would suggest investing in SEO and in particular, blogging. Blogging not only shows that you’re an expert in your field, but it also improves your ranking within Google. All the best with your business.

GlensWebDesign
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hi and welcome to the community :)

tonyk is bang on the money about blogging. Blogging, to elaborate, means google will index your site and digest all the content or blog. If you have certain key words, it will note this and, accordingly with their well hidden algorithm, rate your site in order to other sites depending on the key subject matter in question.

For example, if I talk about cars a lot, and make mention I’m from Perth a lot, it will likely rank my site when it comes to cars and Perth. Google CAN tell however when someone is abusing this and actually lower your page ranking (ie if all I say is Perth Perth Perth Perth Perth Holden Holden ford ford)

In terms of click throughs, MOST people are window shopping or for what ever reason decide yours isn’t what they want, or they can’t see or realise you fit perfectly what they are looking for, that’s where click conversation to sale comes in and how your site layout is will depend on of you are maximising this.

You’ll also want to ensure your sites meta keywords and description is right to best help google and also where possible provide googles spider bots (those programs that crawl the web collecting data on websites) with a site map or suggested instructions what to index and what not to index.

I could go on and on about the subject but mainly what I have mentioned there is your main things to look at first.

Oh and word/label your image descriptions too :)

If you want more information on this I highly recommend you visit googles page at http://www.google.com/webmasters :)

Best of luck!

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Lots of advice already Ant

I would also suggest that you go along to some networking groups, look at very structured ones like BNI where the referrals are high.

Also speak to local real estate agents, strata etc. Your ads will create visits but they really are not the ideal way for you to go starting out, you need traction.

Getting traction will come from direct business referrals and then you can revisit the ads later.

Happy to help where I can

Anskidi
    Up

Thanks Tony, for your constructive words, yes it will be an expensive strategy using the AdWords, I suppose it’s the numbers game, this particular mob I contract for was spending 20k per month to turn over around 100k +
    Blogging sound good and I will look at getting blogs done, I had my web site built which was a very difficult task indeed, the guy was not very imaginative and I am not very artistic my concept was keep in clean and simple, Glen I like your approach to web site design, I am a dedicated service person to my clients and can keep new clients very easy some of my clients go back years.
    Glen I had a look at that site you recommended, but its not my understanding?
    Thank you all for your effort in stringing those constructive words, all helps!
    My web site: pestie.com.au

Ant

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Ant, I had a look at your web site and its ok I guess. Nothing outstanding but its not bad. A spider walking across the screen would be pretty cool..

I think you could focus more on Termite inspections, particularly for new homes. You could try a target facebook adverting campaign with a heading

DONT BY A NEW HOME UNTIL YOU READ THIS AD!!![/B]

That will get the attention of anyone on facebook that is looking for a new home. This way you are only paying for qualified clicks. I would lead this to a landing page that is separate to your site and spells out the dangers of buying a home without getting an exception…

Hope that helps.

GlensWebDesign
    Up

Yeah google webmaster link has lots of info but I guess you either get it or you have a preference to hire an expert to do that :)

In all honesty your site (my personal opinion) is actually not that bad. Its functional, clean, gets to the point and when shopping for termite and bug-erradication services I guess its not the same as say, shopping for a BMW.

If I was visiting a luxury car website, I would expect something very creme-de-la-creme, something that would say “I sell to people with lots of money”, its almost like a status symbol.

For your type of business, doesnt mean you cant have a nice site you are happy with and theres more than one way to skin a cat (ugh, dreadful saying isnt it) but for what you DO have, it does the job well.

One thing I did notice is that you obviously have alot of expertise so I wouldnt be suprised if you dont already have google picking up on a lot of this stuff already. One suggest I would make though, the large piece of real estate on your site is the nice looking splash page that changes image in a timed sequence.

You want to make that stuff clickable…. people, I guarantee you, are going to try and click on that when they see something that they want to know more about. Theyll expect it.

And you want to LET them be able to get more info and give it to them if they try click on it.

Its also where you want to place your…how do I say this… your best stuff…stuff that is your big seller, or something you want to really push sales on, or something that is more popular or something people are going to go for more than every other array of services you offer.

If something on there ISNT primed for you to push a sale, get it off the prime real estate and put something on there that is :)

If that was me though as the designer, and this is my crazy brain at work here, I would have come up with some kind of single page showing all the array of bugs, with the option to, say, move your mouse over it with a pop up with the critical text telling them all about it, and then if they CLICKED ON IT, it brings up more info and the opportunity for them to do what we call a “call to action” button, like…. “book me in” or “buy this” or “schedule appointment”… something like that

Bugs…… what a cool subject medium that would be to work with

If you ever need more info or a hand, give me a shout

Oh…. and with the ads words stuff….. how can I put this…. be very very very careful about just “throwing money” at something to force good click rates.

The paid click rates are fine if you are prepared to burn some cash but you can, if you are not careful, burn a hell of a lot of it and very fast and when its all burned up, its not going to guarantee a continued rate.

Organic search results, as the term is called, is where you have search results that have your site and your business come up more often than not by search engines because their bots (programs that search the web for sites and their info to index) have found your site because it was mentioned by someone else, or brought up in social media, or it might be an article about your business, or something that springs up naturally through no actual paid advertising.

And the beauty about that, about “Organic” search results is you dont have to keep PAYING money to keep yourself noticed…. those search ratings tend to stay around and last longer on their own merit.

So yes, pay for ads, but do look to promote “organic” search results by providing good advice, good content, that mentions you locally, continually. Be engaged and active with the online community not just on here but to your potential clients.

Find where your customers are online.

It might not be literally a “hey I need bugs killed” forum. It might be a forum or a facebook group or somewhere else online that could RELATE and find your presence extremely convenient.

Eg.. I dunno…taking a wild guess here…. The home improvement enthusiasts group…. or…… maybe there are garden bugs you offer to kill and so you get onto the gardening enthusiasts page.

You get the idea

:)

Anskidi
    Up

Thanks Tony, for honest feedback, it’s just what I needed; I like your idea about the spider and the Facebook page for the individual service!
    That has given me food for thought, I was not that happy about the site myself, I think I tried to convince myself all was ok – after all I did get some jobs from the AdWords.

Glen thanks for you long worded input, and your are right I was only thinking about that myself, clicking on the image, I like your crazy brain work about the clicking on the bugs.
    The CMS is Joomla, do you think a design like your idea and or the one of the spider walking across the screen could be achieved with this existing site?

Once again thanks for taking the time to respond!

Ant

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Ant,

Whats the url I’ll take a look

Steve

Anskidi
    Up

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your interest!

pestie.com.au

Cheers, Ant

GlensWebDesign
    Up
    Anskidi, post: 193282 wrote:
    The CMS is Joomla, do you think a design like your idea and or the one of the spider walking across the screen could be achieved with this existing site?

Sorry for the delayed reply, been a busy boy!

Anything is possible! :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.