Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi from Brisbane Northside

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LindaS
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hi

I am in the process of starting a bookkeeping business. I have worked in Government Departments across many areas including Finance, SAP System Support, Capital Projects, Health and Teacher Registration to name a few.

I started my working career as a bookkeeper for a plumbing firm and then a manufacturing company.

I really enjoyed my work as a bookkeeper and want to return to this line of work. I also want to be able to achieve better work / life balance (eventually) but mostly rid myself of the 3 1/2 hours travel I currently endure each day.

I look forward to participating in the forum.

Linda

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Welcome Linda, 3 and half hours of travelling sounds like a nightmare! Good luck with your new venture – Phil.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Linda,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and congratulations on your decision to return to a career you loved early on.

A three and a half hour commute would do my head in. I think I travel 3.5 seconds to my home office – and that’s during peak hour.

I hope running your own show well and truly sorts that out for you, and also brings you lots of other delights. Please feel free to post any questions that come up for you in the relevant section of the forum, and I’m sure you’ll receive some helpful info.

Best wishes,
    Jayne
    PS: I notice that you’re looking at joining one of the meet up groups too – good on you! :)

LindaS
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Yes, the commute isn’t the greatest but the rewards of where we live are worth it.

I’m sure you will see me around more, I’m bound to have lots of questions.

Linda

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.