Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi from Fingerprint Locks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stenrok
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Fell upon this site by accident when searching for import agents.

My name is Kerry Hayman and I run a biometric business. I started the business a few years ago as a safety net in case I ever ended up retrenched.

I currently work for Optus and involved in Satellite communications. Being in a corporate business you never know when someone is likely to walk upto to you and tap you on the shoulder. So never someone to put my head in the sand, I had to think about an alternate and decided to start up a fingerprint lock business.

Being a telecommunications engineer, the business provides me with a technical interest. I purposely keep the business running at low key as it takes a skill to juggle a full time job, full time family and a solo business.

I keep the business ticking over so if ever I need the safety net, I can ramp it up fairly quickly.

Great forum and looks like a lot of help can quite easily be sought from these pages.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome

Love the business name as there is no mistaking what you are doing and this is the type of technology that so many are already starting to use with their phones and computers.

Hope you enjoy the forums

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Kerry,

Welcome to Flying Solo! I think your side business is a great approach to giving yourself options, so best of luck and hopefully we’ll see more of you around the forums. :)

Dave

MikeDav
    • Total posts: 163
    Up

Hi Kerry,

Fingerprint locks sound like a great idea. It must be a growing industry. I guess they are faily easy to ship and not too likely to break in the mail.

Cheers
    Mike

stenrok
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    MikeDav, post: 204216 wrote:
    Hi Kerry,

Fingerprint locks sound like a great idea. It must be a growing industry. I guess they are faily easy to ship and not too likely to break in the mail.

Cheers
    Mike

It is a growing industry in Australia. While the technology has been around since 1991, Australia is always slow to take up any type of new technology. Fingerprint locks is no different. However, with the advent of biometrics on iphones, laptops, and now facial recognition at Mascot airport, it is getting more exposure to the public.

I have managed to pick up a couple of resellers as well so having sales channels like this is very fruitful.

As you mentioned, the locks are easy to ship so there are no issues with breakages etc as they are well packed within their original boxes.

Thanks
    Kerry

tom@egroup
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

Hey Kerry,

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more about your business. It sounds very interesting and looks to be on the edge of big things.

I have seen a few of these bio-metric locks popping up in small and medium businesses I work with. It’s proving popular with the majority of people I talk with about them.

I will definitely be watching this space.

All the best,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.