Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi from Gladstone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kel85
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I’m currently a stay at home mum of two girls and looking at starting an online store. selling baby products.
    I’m not sure where i need to post this but i will start with here and you can redirect me. thanks

I keep reading about product insurance.

Do i still need insurance if i am getting my products from Australian suppliers. If a teething necklace was to break for example and a baby chocked and died. (hope this never happens to anyone) would that be my fault if i sold it to them or would it be the fault of the company who makes the product. this might be a stupid question but do i need insurance?

Thanks heaps.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi kel85, and welcome to Flying Solo :)

I recommend that you start a new thread in the Starting a business section of the forum, and including the words ‘Product insurance’ in the title – that way some of our resident experts are more likely to see it.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your new business :)
    Jayne

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

You will always need some type of liability insurance because you never know some nut might try and sue you for something. This is where having your business set up as a PTY come in, but most small business are not set up this way.

Unless you are importing, the manufacture takes the risk.

If you where to import, you are seen as the manufacturer.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome

Lovely part of QLD you are in…… insurance can be a pain, I would suggest calling a broker and asking some questions. It won’t cost you anything and if you have time call a few.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.