Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi from Impulse Impressions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Impulse
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi all

Ive been a long time looker but finally took the plunge and signed up to Flying Solo. I’ve recently launched my website development business called Impulse Impressions. I’m targeting small and medium businesses and utilise WordPress due to the ease of use for the clients and flexibility to be used for the majority of situations.

I’m just starting to market my business and I’ve been contacted already for a few quotes from local business which is great as I haven’t actually advertised yet and it was simply from google search results and word of mouth.

I look forward to learning more from everyone and contributing where I can.

Cheers

Amy

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Welcome Amy!
    I’m sure you’ll be offering lots of fabulous advice to members in no time, especially start ups who will find your insight invaluable! Would be nice to know a little bit about you and the business – how long have you been doing it, how you got into it, etc?
    Wishing you much success in business and beyond,
    KJ

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Amy,

It’s nice to meet you :)

There are lots of WP users around here, so I suspect you’ll find plenty of conversations to contribute your expertise too – and we will be very grateful for it!

Thanks for joining us,
    Jayne

Impulse
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

I’ve been doing web development as a bit of a hobby for myself, friends and family for the past 6-7 years now. Its only been recently that I decided to take the plunge and turn it into a business since I was starting to receive a few requests from businesses for my assistance.

One day I was silly enough to buy one of those website businesses that set me back a cool $2k and I was so disappointed in what I was provided. I decided I could do better so started getting back into the website/coding side of things.

The website was built in CRE Loaded and was full of their own errored custom coding. It was a bit of a steep learning curve but I got it looking amazing and functioning so much better than what I was originally provided. Since that early beginning, I’ve worked with OsCommerce, Magento, WordPress/WooCommerce to name a few.

I also vowed never to be the type of person/business that give a customer a sub-par product and always work hard to ensure their websites are how the envisioned them to turn out.

Cheers

Amy

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Thanks for sharing your story, Amy. It sounds like you’re really passionate about what you do, so congratulations on taking the plunge! Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

Ryinth
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

Hi!

I’m doing something very similar (small business WP sites) – I love using WP and Woo – and I find clients have very little trouble getting to know how to use them. (I pitch the easy of use/easy of updating as one of the main selling points).

Good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.