Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi from Little Green Web

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    littlegreenweb
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

Hey flying solo members,

My name is Tzaddi Degan and I’m in the process of starting a Carbon Neutral Web Hosting and Design business providing services to other small businesses.

At the moment I’m doing the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme so I can’t actually open my doors to the public until March.

I look forward to getting to know you all and hope we can help each other to be successful in whatever it is we do.

Tzaddi Degan

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

Hi and welcome
    I like your business name :)

littlegreenweb
    Up

Thanks Sophie. I had to fight to get that name – the dept. of fair trading said I couldn’t have it at first ’cause there was a childcare centre in Coogee with the name little greens! But I really wanted it so I sent a letter pointing out the striking differences between our businesses and they kindly let me have it. I was very happy.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Tzaddi

Welcome to the gang! Hope you are enjoying your NEIS course, and we’ll look forward to hearing more about your business when the big day arrives.

All the best,
    Jayne

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Welcome to the forums! Great to have you on board!

I’m looking into ways of making myself carbon neutral, can you share some tips on how your going about it?

kenmac
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hi – welcome to the forum.

JulieA
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    Emroy, post: 26029 wrote:
    Welcome to the forums! Great to have you on board!

I’m looking into ways of making myself carbon neutral, can you share some tips on how your going about it?

I’m not sure how Tzaddi is doing it, but for me, I bought Carbon Offset Points from my host ( which reminds me, lol, I must put the new graphic on my sites again.)

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Does anyone actually do any research into how effective these schemes are? And what they actually do with the extra cash?

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Sorry but it is a scam to get extra money out of you.

I am really surprised how you have all fallen for it.

I’ve been carbon neutral for over 38 years, and Ive actually saved money and no one took any of my money from me saying they would sell offsets. What is an offset, something to do with theatre?

Sorry but Ive lived too long in this world and have seen many events such as this push for carbonneutrallity, which even the majority of scientists are saying it is all hipe without substance.

If you are really serious about thisgo and plant 1000 trees in your suburb and you will have spent your money very wisely

However thats my opinion and your entitled to yours

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

The carbon cost of producing one solar PV panel is greater than the carbon savings of its productive lifespan. I always loved that one.

littlegreenweb
    Up

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome.
    Emroy I’m still throwing around ideas to do with the carbon neutral side of things but check out CO2Stats and Carbon Neutral Australia. I love the look of your site by the way.
    Burgo I agree it’s a muddy area. I have been struggling with this issue because I really want to run an ecologically responsible business. I don’t think we can afford not to.
    As for planting trees. I think it’s a great idea and have actually been thinking along those lines myself (I live on a rural property near the Border Ranges where I could plant the trees myself or have someone plant them for me) but need to look into the legal side of things.
    If anyone has any ideas about this please let me know. I certainly don’t have all the answers when it comes to this.

JulieA
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    Burgo, post: 26095 wrote:
    Sorry but it is a scam to get extra money out of you.

I am really surprised how you have all fallen for it.

Well, at $5/year, it’s not scamming me much :p( I practice more than enough “simple living” stuff to “offset” my online stuff, so I’m not stressing over any of it lol)

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

I’m gonna be bad and take this off thread even more!

Call me cynical, but the only way to stop carbon emission and general pollution is to stop buying things…stop consuming….

It ain’t gonna happen…government doesn’t want it, we don’t want it…

The best thing you can do for the world is put your money in the bank and keep it there until you die. It’s the same with all things environmental…

I always thought of running a business called “What ever the grants are” and we’d sell what ever the current government is giving away in grants, such as insulation…That’s the path to riches I reckon…

Eco-Aymeric
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

That’s a very good idea… we need more initiative like yours, thanks :)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.