Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi from Pets Index

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    PetsIndex
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone

I just started up a forum called Pets Index. It is a forum to connect pet owners in Australia. I found most pet related forums are specific to a certain breed, to dog or cat type. I thought why don’t have one forum for all since there may be other pet owners who own more than one type of pet.

Frankly speaking, everyone one tells me it is hard to build up the traffic for forums. Some suggest to buy posts which I think this is unethical. Currently I am posting as much information on the forum to build the content. Flying Solo forum is doing so well and we hope to be as successful as you.

Cheers
    Vee

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Vee, and welcome,

I hope your new forum turns out to be a great success, and that you love every minute of it.

Thanks for joining in, and for introducing yourself to us.

Jayne

crawfordandy
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hi Vee, I am new here as well. Just wanted to say that I think you should stick to you guns. Don’t buy posts just to build quick wins. Stay ethical and you will always know that the success you have will be earned though hard work and effort. Besides, traffic will flow to your site through the quality of the content on there, not the quantity!

Andy

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

Hi Vee,

Great idea. You can probably get some new members from here – like me for example, I’m a huge animal lover and run a pet care company – just put your website in your signature.

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Hello Vee,

Welcome to Flying Solo.
    I wish you all the best with your pet forum.
    I’ve got a few chooks. Does that count?

All best,

Lindsay

PetsIndex
    Up
    AdvancedPetSitting, post: 163852 wrote:
    Hi Vee,

Great idea. You can probably get some new members from here – like me for example, I’m a huge animal lover and run a pet care company – just put your website in your signature.

When you have the chance, come and drop by at our forum. One quick question? How to put my website in my signature? I have done it under “About Me”. Somehow my signature did not show up

Edit: Now it does!

PetsIndex
    Up
    crawfordandy, post: 163846 wrote:
    Hi Vee, I am new here as well. Just wanted to say that I think you should stick to you guns. Don’t buy posts just to build quick wins. Stay ethical and you will always know that the success you have will be earned though hard work and effort. Besides, traffic will flow to your site through the quality of the content on there, not the quantity!

Andy

Thanks Andy. I decided to stay true to my heart and be hardworking. I know it is hard hard but hope my effort pays off. I know there are several forums die down after couple of months with no traffic. Hope I am not part of the statistic. :)

PetsIndex
    Up
    Lindz, post: 163857 wrote:
    Hello Vee,

Welcome to Flying Solo.
    I wish you all the best with your pet forum.
    I’ve got a few chooks. Does that count?

All best,

Lindsay

Yes, Why not? We welcome reptiles, rabbits, hamsters etc as long they are pets. We should create a poultry section. :)

DANKS
    • Total posts: 134
    Up

Hi Mate,

I’ll sign up to your forum tonight.
    Looks great.

Im with in the Pet industry so ill pass your site along as well.

OzAppDev
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Hi Vee,

Great idea! I checked out your forum, will be passing it on to my housemates who own a dog and a cat, and love to read and share anything/everything pet related.

As with anything it takes time to get discovered. Once people start sharing it will grow.

Good luck with building your forum.

Cheers,
    Elizabeth.

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

Just registered. Hopefully it will get more crowded. Have you tried to advertise on Facebook?

angela123
    • Total posts: 310
    Up

off to have a look now, I will post your link on my FB page of over 3000 pet lovers :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.