Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi from Sapphire Accounting & Taxation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Felicity_Sapphire
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone!

I’m Felicity and I have just started my own Accounting practice.

I had thrown around the idea of starting my own practice before, but there was never a “right time” to do it, always some excuse, until I discovered whilst on maternity leave that I don’t think there is such a thing as the “right time”. So, here I am, with a 6 month old and a 2.5 year old and a brand new accounting practice to look after.

I’m finding at the moment the hardest part is coming up with a marketing strategy & trying to get clients. I’ve never had to do it before & I’m not a very forward person, so am finding it a little tough.

I look forward to learning from all of you on the forum (as I have done already as a lurker) and hope that I can share some knowledge of my own.

Felicity

Dream Group
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    Felicity_Sapphire, post: 27659 wrote:
    Hi Everyone!

I’m Felicity and I have just started my own Accounting practice.

I had thrown around the idea of starting my own practice before, but there was never a “right time” to do it, always some excuse, until I discovered whilst on maternity leave that I don’t think there is such a thing as the “right time”. So, here I am, with a 6 month old and a 2.5 year old and a brand new accounting practice to look after.

I’m finding at the moment the hardest part is coming up with a marketing strategy & trying to get clients. I’ve never had to do it before & I’m not a very forward person, so am finding it a little tough.

I look forward to learning from all of you on the forum (as I have done already as a lurker) and hope that I can share some knowledge of my own.

Felicity

Hi Felicity,

Welcome to the forum.
    Congrats on the baby and jumping in.

I myself have found it hard sometimes to find clients and when I first started like you wasn’t a very “outgoing” person. But as time went on, I found it easier to talk to lots of people and now I don’t go to the shops without talking to lots of people, it’s been engraved into my personality.

There are alot of prospects and potential clients out there you just got to find them and stick at it!

All the best and welcome again.

Regards
    Warren

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Hi Felicity

Welcome to the forum! Always another place for another bean counter.

Ritchie

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Hi Felicity

With 2 small kids – good on you!

Feel free to give me a buzz some time to discuss plans of attack!

Best wishes

Janna

P.S It takes a couple of events to get comfortable and feel ‘outspoken’. And not every event maybe a worthwhile event for you and/or your business – and that’s ok! All events shed some market research as well as teach you what to do/how to act OR sometimes even more importantly – what not to do and how not to act.

alex honey
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Felicity

Welcome to the wonderful world of micro/solo business…and welcome to the FS forum too!

By coincidence today, I specified a beautiful wallpaper called Felicity. The client liked it so much she’s using it in two different rooms in two different colors!

I too have found it challenging at times to make and work a strategy for marketing.

I know its not easy, but what worked for me was consistently networking with one or two groups of other micro/solo and sme owners. Not only does it have the potential of gaining referrals, but its proved to be a great way to give and get support from those who have ‘been there done that’

So best of luck with your new adventure and welcome!

Alex Honey

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

Hi Felicity.

Welcome to the forum. Your old bosses name wasn’t Peter by any chance was it?

beanydc
    • Total posts: 44
    Up

Welcome. Have you dropped into the bookkeepers group – there’s a (small) discussion there about leaflets, that I’m sure could be expanded.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Felicity

Thanks for making the leap from lurker to poster! We’re thrilled to have you on board.

Some good suggestions for you here already, so I hope they set you off on the right foot :)

All the best,
    Jayne

Felicity_Sapphire
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Thank you all for your warm welcome – glad to know that I’m not alone.

Thanks Denise, I’ll be sure to check out the discussion.

Yes Darren, my boss’ name was Peter. It’s certainly a small world at times!

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Hello Felicity

If you look at my profile here you will see that I have been a ‘Practising Accountant’ so I know the ropes of what you see as your industry.

However, I believe that as soon as you stop thinking of yourself as an accountant then the world will be your oyster and your business will grow.

Just for the sheer fun of it I would like to talk you about building your business. Don’t worry… you don’t have to put your hand in your pocket… I have just taken on a mega client in the Norwest Business Park(s) area and was amazed at the industry out there just on your doorsteps.

I confess that I haven’t been that way for a number of years and the concentration of industry is incredible and will only be good for you.

So… if you would like to chat and pick my brains then just go to the ‘contact us’ page on the 360 website and do so… over to you

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

hmmm…

change ‘mega client’ to ‘significantly big client’…. I always get over excited when I get a new challenging client

PrimerGroup
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

I looked at your website. You seem to be offering a good number of services that are much needed. Start off by partnering with businesses who could recommend you. There are a lot of businesses that need your services to get off the ground. Do a little bit of advertising and get the ball rolling.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.