Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi! From Scott Brown Recruitment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Scott Brown
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    ::

Hello all,

What a fantastic group, great to see so many cool businesses around.

My story is that I’m a frustrated recruitment consultant who went it alone to help out the SME sector. I found recruitment agencies weren’t being much help here, so decided to do my own thing.

My business does two main things: recruitment and retention strategies

Firstly, I can help out with any recruitment needs, but don’t charge the earth for it. My preference is to get to know everything about a business before I find someone for it. That way I tend to find the right person…

Secondly, I’ve looked at a key need in business – retention of staff – and instigated a policy called “Talent Process Management” to give businesses the tools, processes and/or policies to help in the recruitment and retention activities.

Hope it sounds interesting, and I would love to hear from people who have tried recruitment in the past and their thoughts on it!

Cheers,
    Scott Brown.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forums.

I wish you all the luck with your business.

Cheers,

Matt

P.S – I clicked on your Facebook link, but it did not go to your page.

Scott Brown
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 31009 wrote:
    Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forums.

I wish you all the luck with your business.

Cheers,

Matt

Many thanks Matt,

This is a great looking group and I hope to get as much information as possible to help with my business…

Cheers!
    Scott.

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Hi Scott

Welcome to Flying Solo. If you need any help with copywriting, articles, newsletters and so on, drop me a line :).

I haven’t found anywhere on your website that mentions where you’re located. Could be a good idea in case potential clients want to know. Even if you’re able to offer recruitment services nationally, stating where you’re based makes your business appear more ‘real’. You might even consider adding a photo of yourself to your Home page because after all, your business is named after you personally.

All the best with your new business!

Scott Brown
    Up

Hi Gina,

Ah! Yes, good points. Whilst I can go anywhere, I am based in Melbourne…and yes the website needs to have a photo! I’ve only just launched it, and am getting the finer points of it sorted out.

Thank you for checking out the site and for the excellent points.

Cheers!
    Scott.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forums!

Good to have a recruitment consultant around here – I’ll be taking the big step in a few months and will be hiring my first employee so it will good to have someone to talk to.

Do you have a website? When looking at new companies thats the first place I’ll look.

PS – Your linked in an FB links are incorrect.

– Jake

wordmistress
    Up
    Scott Brown, post: 31027 wrote:
    Hi Gina,

Ah! Yes, good points. Whilst I can go anywhere, I am based in Melbourne…and yes the website needs to have a photo! I’ve only just launched it, and am getting the finer points of it sorted out.

Thank you for checking out the site and for the excellent points.

Cheers!
    Scott.

You’re welcome! Then we’ll see who we’re talking to. :) Don’t forget to make a signature for the forum. Apparently people want to see your website hehe. (Jake needs ‘someone to talk to’ lol … Jake, you can always talk to me! Not that I can help you with recruitment.)

Scott Brown
    Up

Hi Jake,

Many thanks for your message. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have. It is a big thing to hire your first employee, and whilst I have yet to do it with SBR, I would like to think I know a little bit about the things to look out for having spent 10+ years in the industry!

For the website check out http://www.sbrecruitment.com.au. It is only new (like 1-2 days old!), but it is a good place to start.

Thanks for the tips. The LinkedIn link has been fixed (a rogue ‘a’ found it’s way into it!), though the Facebook link worked OK (I removed the [url]http://,[/url] but that shouldn’t have made much difference…not sure on that one). Please let me know if there are any more issues on this.

Cheers!
    Scott.

Scott Brown
    Up

Hi Gina,

Good tip, and done!

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

@Gina – haha! I talk to you all the time anyway!

@scott- Thanks for posting that, I’ll check it out =)

wordmistress
    Up
    Scott Brown, post: 31033 wrote:
    Hi Gina,

Good tip, and done!

Not quite. Add a web link to your site to your signature.

Scott Brown
    Up

Hi Gina,

Done and done. Wow, this has been a good learning curve! :)

wordmistress
    Up

Very nice work, especially for a Sunday morning! :) (Well, afternoon for you Melburnians; we’re still stuck in the past here in Brisbane. Catching up soon though!)

Scott Brown
    Up

Yep! And I think it is time for some lunch!

Thanks again and I’m looking forward to continued conversations in the future.

Cheers!
    Scott.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Scott Brown, post: 31032 wrote:
    (I removed the [url]http://,[/url] but that shouldn’t have made much difference…not sure on that one)

Flying solo has a quirk in the settings that doesn’t allow you to put the http:// in the link, it works fine now!

Also I would recommend changing your Facebook group to a Page as Pages have a million more features for business than groups.

P.S I am from Melbourne – Hope it goes really well, I hope to need your services sooner rather than later!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.