Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi from SEO web copywriter with international background

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Content Writer Micky
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

My name is Micky Stuivenberg and I run my own web copywriting business: Content Writer (if you really can’t wait to check it out, go ahead and click here: http://www.contentwriter.com.au)

I’ve always believed that you can do just about anything you set your mind to and I’ve proven this to myself again when I quit my last job in mid 2008 to start my own business, which is going incredibly well.

Without spending any money on marketing or advertising (but just applying my SEO skills to my own website), the requests for quotes started coming in and I’m now always juggling multiple projects at any one time.

Among the things I do are:

• Copywriting for new websites
    • Content editing/rewriting for existing sites
    • Creating effective, optimised websites for small businesses
    • SEO and usability advice
    • Copywriting for business/marketing purposes (print/online)
    • Writing feature articles as a freelance journalist
    • Writing media releases
    • Writing SEO articles
    • Editing and proofreading business/marketing copy

I work from home (on the NSW Mid North Coast) together with my husband, who develops software. We run our various activities under the umbrella company name Triple W Communications.

My background is very diverse. I was born in the Netherlands but have lived, gone to school and worked in a variety of countries including the US, Hong Kong and Singapore, before coming to Australia five years ago.

My previous jobs have included being an online journalist with The Straits Times in Singapore, a travel magazine editor and communications consultant in Europe and web content manager and media officer with my city’s council here in NSW.

I love the idea of these forums and intend to start making good use of them by posting questions and possibly replies to other people’s questions.

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself and I’m sorry for taking up so much space. Those copywriters… they just can’t stop writing, can they! ;-)

Oh yes, and if you didn’t click on that link above because you wanted to continue reading, here’s another chance: http://www.contentwriter.com.au

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Micky,

Welcome to Flying Solo’s forums. Here’s hoping you’ll pick up lots of wisdom … and pass some on, too.

Enjoy!

Sam

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up

Hi Micky!

I’m looking forward to spotting you around the threads :)

Heidi

Jexley
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Hey Micky and welcome. I do loves me some SEO Content Writers because they’re automatically geared towards finding new ways to say the same thing. And they’re constantly discovering innovative methods of restating previous pronouncements too.

Heh, see what I did there?

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

Hi Micky and a warm welcome!

I love the use of the ‘P.S.’ (in essence); it was very effective. :-)

So, in short, I’m really looking forward to reading more of your posts!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.