• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    boostdef
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

My name is Owen and I am a civil engineer working in the construction industry. I have joined here as I have always had aspirations of starting my own business in construction so I know being here will be a step in the right direction.

So once again, Hello to all and feel free to shoot me a PM if your in the same industry for a chat!

Cheers

akagrp
    • Total posts: 315
    Up

Hello Owen

Welcome to Flying Solo and Happy New Year.

Wishing you all the best for your future pursuits.

Karen Wardle
    • Total posts: 363
    Up

Hi Owen

With experience in the industry you are off to a good start. If it has always been a passion I would encourage you to pursue your dream! We all work better, achieve more and have loads more energy, even on less sleep, when we are pursuing something important to us.

Good luck and welcome!

Karen
    http://www.you-can-start-business.com

boostdef
    Up

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I look forward to interacting with you all for quite some time.

Cheers

SteveDavidson
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Hi, Owen. What’s your favorite flavour of construction? Bridges, skyscrapers, railways, new housing development…?

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Hi Owen!

Welcome to the forums!

Congratulations on looking to take the first step, it’s always pretty nerve racking, but if you plan right and are prepared, the leap isn’t so bad!

Theres some great articles on the flying solo website and a wealth of information on the forums … You’ll like it here =)

Jake

boostdef
    Up
    SteveDavidson, post: 23771 wrote:
    Hi, Owen. What’s your favorite flavour of construction? Bridges, skyscrapers, railways, new housing development…?

Hi, thanks for the post.

I have a lot of experience in Tunnelling and earth moving projects, with their fair share of concrete structure and bridgeworks and in some cases rail & road works. Although I have experience in these areas, in a business sense for a small company I believe starting out with earth moving projects would be more suitable given the low labour requirements and abundant ability to hire owner/operators of plant to carry out the works. Again this is only an opinion and one that is probably not backed with much knowledge, so I soon may be made to believe otherwise 

Still going through the business plan and also gathering a bit of interest from past colleagues. They too are experienced engineers so the business plan I am quickly realising is the pinnacle aspect of starting up. So all my focus is currently on the plan.

Thanks for the welcome Emroy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.