Home Forums New here? Share your story Hi I’m a newby

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    celticlass
    • Total posts: 2

I’m thinking of starting a home business/hobby not sure what category it will fit yet. Completely new to this, so have lots going on in my head at the moment. I don’t know wether to go down the starting a website, I have heard this can be expensive, or is there an easy way to do this. I’m looking at getting an ABN to start with. Any advise whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Annie

Diesel Graphics
    • Total posts: 8

HI Annie

Welcome. I know how you feel with starting a new business. I started mine this year and although it was slow at the start, things are really picking up.

I have a woman who I design logos for who design website for a very good price. We try and help each other out with work, with any graphic design work she get she gives to me and any website work I get I give to her.

I can also help you out with any graphic design work you might need like Logos, Business Cards, Flyers, Stationery, etc.

Hope all goes well for you

Kind regards

Justin
    Diesel Graphics

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563

Hi Annie, congratulations on taking the first steps. Before you even think about logos, websites, etc. you need to do some research – is your product/service sought after, can you provide it to the standard expected, who will your target market be, can you compete on price, etc. Check out govt business websites for some guides, and of course ask FS members – we’re happy to share any tips.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,465

Hi Annie,

Welcome to Flying Solo. I hope that hanging out here helps you get your head around some of the many decisions you’ll need to make.

As Leisa said, none of us would recommend getting started on your website until you’ve spent some time planning your business and you know what the website’s objectives will be.

All the best for your new venture,
    Jayne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.