Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi, I’m looking for some feedback / opinions.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    CoreyCrowden
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi, my name’s Corey. I’ve been hanging around the forum for a few years now but never made a proper introduction for myself.

I’ve been working as a freelance ‘Graphic Designer + Website Developer‘ for the last few years, in the last 12 months my business has grown quite significantly and is progressing from what was a small side business into quite a well-established little studio known as ‘Nefarious Creations’.

Since the new year, I’ve been working hard to refine my brand and website content to better represent the new direction of the business. I would love to get some feedback from anyone on here for what I’ve put together so far, check out my website nefariouscreations.com.au. Don’t be kind, I’m looking for completely honest thoughts.

In particular:

• Do you find the message and services easy enough to understand and compelling? (I’m trying to focus on solution-based content rather than task-based content.)
    • Is there anything that stands out as a big no-no, or reason you wouldn’t hire us?
    • Is there something I should include or that is missing from the website that would greatly affect your opinion of us?
    • Also, let me know if you experience any technical issues on the site…

Thanks in advance to those who have a bit of time to spare and check it.

Cheers, Corey

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up

Hi Corey,

I loved your website, but there are a couple of items I think you need to display for people that maybe are not as tech savvy, or want to know more without contacting you.

The content is great, and your message comes across well, just some suggestions below:

• I think a hamburger menu would be good to navigate around, without taking away the impact.
    • Your home page “projects” are hard to review, maybe define/separate, maybe a little border on each (I love your projects page – that is beautiful)
    • Website Hosting page – header background image is not really relevant
    • Pricing – this is very hard to navigate to, I think it should have it’s own page broken into services and include price range for website development etc – maybe as case studies rather than a price point.
    • Tech Issue – Contact Popup – Issue with showing the drop down list in Firefox (screenshot)

Overall it’s an amazing site, visually it’s really appealing, but for a lot of people navigating it will be difficult.

Cheers
    Mischelle :):)

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=72333]@CoreyCrowden[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting today.

Cheers

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

In short, nice job, both the site and the business model.

As someone very quick to bag WP and designers in general you’re getting it right imo.

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

g’day Corey,

Great site, one improvement would be to have a sticky menu.

Cheers
    Corey

CoreyCrowden
    Up

Thanks for the feedback everyone,

I really liked your idea with the hamburger function menu Mischelle, the mobile version already utilises a slide-out menu, I’ve just extended that to desktop and floated the menu button (still a bit of positioning to work out). Thanks for your time and comments too Mischelle, definitely a few things to consider and have a look at there.

In regards to displaying prices for services, what do you feel would influence your interactions the most? Say for example your looking to have a website developed for your business, would you rather see…

• No pricing, you must inquire for a tailored response.
    • A starting or entry price.
    • Or, packaged pricing.

Thanks, Greg, I’m glad to hear you like the business model I’m working towards. It’s really come from a natural demand from clients, many of them need that access to services and skills like ours – on demand, but more so they need external motivation and direction that we provide to keep things moving along for them from a brand and marketing perspective.

I think your right Corey, some of the page are actually quite long too. I’ve added a slide-out menu to desktop users like Mischelle suggested. Do you think this has improved the navigation?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    Up

Hi Corey,

I love the look and feel of the site but I will be the one to say that it fails on a number of important levels.

It is a lot like other designers sites – that is a bad thing.
    It doesn’t have an up front, simple this is what happens timeline.
    It doesn’t address how a business can profit from a website.
    I couldn’t find a sales funnel or any prominent call to action
    I couldn’t find any case studies about how customers have benefited from your work.

You obviously didn’t set out to include the above and I have been brutal so please just take my comments as you see fit.

Cheers

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

mmm tbh a slide out menu doesn’t make the navigation smooth. The menu items under Company on this page https://nefariouscreations.com.au/services/website-management/ should be identical.

A sticky menu would be the ideal solution, make navigation simple & uniform.

Cheers
    Corey

Mischelle
    Up
    CoreyCrowden, post: 255923, member: 72333 wrote:
    In regards to displaying prices for services, what do you feel would influence your interactions the most? Say for example your looking to have a website developed for your business, would you rather see…

• No pricing, you must inquire for a tailored response.
    • A starting or entry price.
    • Or, packaged pricing.

Hi Corey,

It all really depends on your target market, if it’s small business then you need some form of pricing, if it’s medium to large then case studies are the best way to present the benefits of your service EG: Case studies to include, time frames, outcomes etc etc

For the smaller market pricing packages would be great, BUT sometimes that is very restrictive, if the small business has different expectations, or doesn’t understand the inclusions.

I think a starting or entry price is a good option, and examples EG: Create a demo site and say this type of site would cost approx $ ______.

YOUR QUESTION – No pricing, you must inquire for a tailored response.

Once again this depends on your target market. I have a lot of friends who are small business owners as well, and if they were looking for web dev work, they would want to see some sort of estimate pricing online before calling.

Cheers
    Mischelle

CoreyCrowden
    Up

Thanks Paul for being absolutely honest, that’s what I’m looking for. Case studies are in the works which will help address a couple of your points. I like your idea of a timeline / how things work section.

Your comment on no recognisable sales funnels got me thinking outside of the box which is great. I think I need to focus solely on providing my all-inclusive ongoing partnership, and promoting it as my primary service. – Lot’s for me to think about here…

And thanks for your thoughts on pricing Mischelle, I’m really targeting medium-sized businesses and smaller businesses who are looking to grow their business. I think I might have an unrestrictive format for pricing that will suit small and larger businesses and address some of the confusion on the website. If you guys don’t mind I’ll work on a few ideas over the next few days and post back here for your feedback.

Cheers, Corey

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    Up

[USER=72333]@CoreyCrowden[/USER] ,

This is one of my favourite sites for explaining to business how they can help.

I absolutely love your attitude and hope you succeed beyond your wildest dreams!

Mischelle
    Up
    CoreyCrowden, post: 255981, member: 72333 wrote:
    If you guys don’t mind I’ll work on a few ideas over the next few days and post back here for your feedback.
    Cheers, Corey

Hi Corey,

Go for it, post any ideas or questions back in this thread as we are all watching it :)

Cheers
    Mischelle

RoseC
    • Total posts: 58
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 255986, member: 78928 wrote:
    [USER=72333]@CoreyCrowden[/USER] ,

This is one of my favourite sites for explaining to business how they can help.

I absolutely love your attitude and hope you succeed beyond your wildest dreams!

Love the head and sell line on that Marketing Results site.

Clear over clever every time, but they’ve combined the two and nailed it. Damn good copy.

Hassle Free Website
    • Total posts: 108
    Up

Love the colours.

Visually I thought it was about outdoor adventures but then scrolling got the idea of being a design/web based business.

In general, I think it gives a good and easy overview of what you are offering.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

I really struggle with you calling it partnering or partnership, lets be honest if I engage your services you don’t have any partnering role in my business. Sure you deliver me a website, which I pay for, but then it’s game over, if that doesn’t bring me any business, I’m the one that has paid out the dollars, and you have already moved onto your next client.

It’s another one of those terms that makes it sound great, but is really hollow from a clients perspective.

‘Partner – ”a person who takes part in an undertaking with another or others, especially in a business or firm with shared risks and profits.”

You are a service provider to my business, not a partner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.