Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi, I’m new and not very experienced!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    markyj
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone, so I’m starting a marketing company with very little direction… I’m OK at so many different things from general strategy advice to online marketing and even social media.

I know this is not exactly the best business strategy but I just love helping businesses with their marketing!

Cheers guys.

MarkyJ

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi markyj,

Welcome to Flying Solo.

There are plenty of threads and articles on business strategy around here, so have a hunt around on the site and I’m sure you’ll find some inspiration.

All the best,
    Jayne

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Hello Markyj,

Welcome to the Forums.

Looking forward to hearing about how things develop for you.

All best,

Lindsay

Sign Here Graphix
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Just go with it.

If what your clients are asking for isn’t outside your abilities or comfort zone, take the money and do a bloody good job.

My business isn’t so much about all the things it does, it is about who it does them for.

Many small businesses are often intimidated by having to go through so many channels to get what they want, if you can do it all for them you will probably attract and retain many more than if you tried to specialize like so many others.

I personally believe the days of specialization are over for people like us and our strength lies in the diversity of our knowledge and an ability to achieve outcomes for our clients.

HBC Advisory
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

Mark,

Would you mind sharing your contact information – Would be keen for a chat!

markyj, post: 159552 wrote:
    Hi everyone, so I’m starting a marketing company with very little direction… I’m OK at so many different things from general strategy advice to online marketing and even social media.

I know this is not exactly the best business strategy but I just love helping businesses with their marketing!

Cheers guys.

MarkyJ

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

We all weren’t very experienced once.

I’ve been in business nearly 4 years and still feel I’m on the tip of the iceberg. It’s exciting too keep learning. Enjoy :)

OneManBandVideo
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Welcome! I’m a newbie too and just launched my business on Monday! Scary but very rewarding.

Cheers,
    Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.