Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi I’m Sal-Looking to start a cold freight business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sal23
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I am currently working as a part time truck driver for removalist company and full time sales rep at a food production company in melbourne. I want to start my own company combining what I know from both industries. hence cold pallet and package transport for food industry.

I know the company I work for currently uses a lot of different transport companies from pallet deliveries to bigger logistics companies that store and distribute for us. I want to start small with 1 MR truck (8 pallets). I just want to know how to break into this type of market? and feedback about potential of this business, what are current food industry companies need from their transport company also insurance advice.

Regards,

Sal

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Sal,

Welcome to the forums.

I’m not the right person to help with your questions, but we do have some very knowledgeable logistics people around here, so I hope you get some helpful info soon.

Thanks for joining us :)
    Jayne

CardsOnline
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    Sal23, post: 129188 wrote:
    Hi,

I am currently working as a part time truck driver for removalist company and full time sales rep at a food production company in melbourne. I want to start my own company combining what I know from both industries. hence cold pallet and package transport for food industry.

I know the company I work for currently uses a lot of different transport companies from pallet deliveries to bigger logistics companies that store and distribute for us. I want to start small with 1 MR truck (8 pallets). I just want to know how to break into this type of market? and feedback about potential of this business, what are current food industry companies need from their transport company also insurance advice.

Regards,

Sal

Hi Sal,

I work in the Fruit & Vegetable Trade at the moment, I would suggest you visit the Melbourne Fruit & Vegetable Markets, get a list of the Agents that sell there and contact them to let them know you are in the business. They will know who needs transport and the requirements.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.