Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi I’m Trav and I’m brand new, I’m even still in the shiny wrapper

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vanders
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi,

My name is Travis and I’m green as green could be! I’ve come across this website and found it has been a landmine of knowledge, tips and tricks.

I live in country Victoria and currently I’m a carpenter who works for myself, one man team doing small jobs of my own and sub-contracting to the bigger companies.

Recently I have completed a concrete polishing course with the hope of starting my own business. There are only 2 companies in my town which offer this service and I believe it is a growing industry and I want to be apart of it.

So I’m on here to learn as much as I can about business, all aspects, as I believe the more knowledge I can obtain the more informative decisions I can make. I’ve also just completed a workshop through the council on business planning basics. I guess you have to start somewhere!

I look forward to picking your brains and please excuse my dumb silly questions (I know there isn’t one but I know having someone as green as me it can be frustrating).

See you on the forums!

Trav

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Trav,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

With your kind of entrepreneurial mindset I think you’ll be right at home here. Ask as many questions as you like, and remember that the day you open for business is the day your learning really accelerates – so mark that day on your calendar somewhere. :)

Good luck!

Dave

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Trav,

you sell yourself short, you have started peeling that shiny wrapper off, you have done more than a lot of people do. You have looked at workshops, done research here, looked at diversification, and come on here looking for help.

That is a great start, and I can assure you even once you are ten years into your business journey no matter what direction it takes, you will continue to learn for that whole period.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Trav and welcome

You will find these forums to be a great place to both ask questions but also to help others. The site as a whole is a wealth of information so take the time to look around.

Great to see a tradie like yourself learning new things to expand your offering as a business.

LDS
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Trav,

Good on you for pursuing your goal of starting your own business.

I think the business planning basics course was a great start.

Once you’re ready It might be worthwhile to look into Google AdWords for your particular service.

Cheers

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Vanders, post: 210477 wrote:
    Hi,

My name is Travis and I’m green as green could be! I’ve come across this website and found it has been a landmine of knowledge, tips and tricks.

I live in country Victoria and currently I’m a carpenter who works for myself, one man team doing small jobs of my own and sub-contracting to the bigger companies.

Recently I have completed a concrete polishing course with the hope of starting my own business. There are only 2 companies in my town which offer this service and I believe it is a growing industry and I want to be apart of it.

So I’m on here to learn as much as I can about business, all aspects, as I believe the more knowledge I can obtain the more informative decisions I can make. I’ve also just completed a workshop through the council on business planning basics. I guess you have to start somewhere!

I look forward to picking your brains and please excuse my dumb silly questions (I know there isn’t one but I know having someone as green as me it can be frustrating).

See you on the forums!

TravWelcome Trav,

i am originally from Country Vic myself, and my dad and granddad are / were both builders.

There are no silly questions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.