Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi my name is Eryka and I am new here.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    eryka91
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi my name is Eryka and my studio is here in Canberra Australia.

My obsession is decoupage. The creation of an image or abstract using paper, or leaves or fabric. When you apply enough varnish the background and paper edges seems to disappear and you achieve this glass like finish. I use this technique to create earrings and pendants using Japanese papers for the fabulous colours and patterns, which are almost like fabric themselves. I also use Indian paper for their textures. Currently I am experimenting with making my own handmade paper to use on my jewelry. The results are tremendously textured and very unique. I am one of very few that create decoupage jewelry.
    A close second in the obsession world would be flame glass beadwork. You take a rod of glass about a thick as a drinking straw, this is melted in an open-flame from what looks a bit like Bunsen burner. When the glass is hot enough it melts to the consistency of treacle. The glass then flow and this is when the magic happens. The molten glass in the flame is almost hypnotic. You blend the different glasses; add dots and swirls to create your own individual piece. You never get two the same and that is the appeal.

I am currently experimenting with wire, wire coil and chain maille.

Please visit my new website Eryka’s Place and check out my creations and works in progress.
    385855670.jpg
    385314582.jpg

danb
    • Total posts: 109
    Up
    ::

Hi Eryka,

Welcome! I had a look at your site, some really impressive and beautiful works there!

Hope you enjoy your time here.

See you around :)
    Dan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.