Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi… new business owner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mummylubbs
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi, I have had my website http://www.mummylubbs.com up for a few weeks. I am not getting any hits though. I am selling maternity wear. I have read all the google ‘guides’ on how to get search hits but it is not working.

Any suggestions?

I am thinking maybe just open a physical store then online.

Thanks for any feedback you may have for me. I really need and appreciate it.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi mummylubbs,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and apologies that there was a delay in your first post being published :(

This is a common question amongst new online retailers, and clothing retail is a particularly competitive space. I’m sure the resident experts will chime in with some suggestions for you, but in the meantime, you may like to update this thread telling us more about yourself and your business (we’re all about the people behind the scenes around here), and it might also be handy to let us know what you’ve done with your site so far to try to get things happening.

All the best, and thanks for joining us.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Have you been shouting from the rooftops that you have an online store?

You need to promote everywhere, friends, family, social media etc just as a start.

From here you need to look at adwords within Google if you want early results, it is crazy to think you would get any hits at all just by people randomly finding you on Google.

I suggest that you come up with a strategy of marketing your site across many areas rather than hoping that people will search and find you via Google – the competition is just too fierce.

Happy to help with a strategy if you need.

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hello!

Welcome – it looks like you have some great products. Basically what MissSassy said is spot on. Promote across every channel you have available to you.

I just took a quick look at your Facebook page and noticed that you have been doing status updates, but that seems to be it. What I would recommend is that you upload a picture of a product with a short description and link back to your site (the page where they can purchase that product). Do this a few times throughout the day.

Another specific strategy that you may want to look into is partnering with a few influential bloggers who target mums and expectant mums. A google search should help you find them. Build up a bit of a relationship first by commenting on their blog, Facebook, and following on Twitter… then after a few weeks, send them a message asking if they would be willing to feature you on their blog. You may have some success with this :-).

And things like Google Adwords, Facebook advertising, and other types of ads help too.

All the best!

Angela

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.