• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Emity Lane
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    ::

Hi!!

My name is Sarah and I am very excited to have found this website! I have a dream to open a store where I sell my dresses that are all unique and handmade from recycled clothing.

I did start this up at the end of last year and due to personal circumstances I had to put it on the back burner and have since recognized a lot of errors. As a result I am re-branding my dresses and working towards achieving my dream realistically.

I hope to make many connections here on the forums and learn more about how to successfully realise my dream through the many fantastic articles there are available to read.

Nice to meet you all!

DaveShireTheCashflowGuy
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    Ms. Chievious, post: 121274 wrote:
    Hi!!

My name is Sarah and I am very excited to have found this website! I have a dream to open a store where I sell my dresses that are all unique and handmade from recycled clothing.

I did start this up at the end of last year and due to personal circumstances I had to put it on the back burner and have since recognized a lot of errors. As a result I am re-branding my dresses and working towards achieving my dream realistically.

I hope to make many connections here on the forums and learn more about how to successfully realise my dream through the many fantastic articles there are available to read.

Nice to meet you all!

Congrats Sarah, sounds like a good idea and I like the idea of recycling. Good on you for re-branding and trying again. I have learned so many things in the past few months of running my own business and it is a constant learning journey. Keep true to your dream, live it and breathe it every day.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

One of the best places to sell your creations would be Markets, cheap and usually a good customer flow, great way of guaging your potential market and find out what people want.

Great idea.

Emity Lane
    Up

Thank you both :) Most people really like my idea but I’ve found charging for my work is my biggest concern thus far. Looking forward to learning more about that here.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Hi there!

Before you go full steam ahead on your idea I would suggest conducting a survey. Just write one up and walk the Malls asking women what they think of the idea. Could save you a lot of future heartache and provide a more solid direction for your business.

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up

Hi Sarah

Welcome!

Do you have a blog? Your story sounds similar to one that I subscribe to!

Emity Lane
    Up
    flower-child, post: 121373 wrote:
    Hi Sarah

Welcome!

Do you have a blog? Your story sounds similar to one that I subscribe to!

Hi Flower child, actually I do have a few blogs but the 2 that I am currently using focused towards my business are Dream to Dress and Chaos Constructed-both on WordPress. Is it one of those?? I am trying to set up a blog for Ms. Chievious itself but it is still in planning stages as I need to have a few more photo shoots etc.

Emity Lane
    Up
    IncredibleCo, post: 121371 wrote:
    Hi there!

Before you go full steam ahead on your idea I would suggest conducting a survey. Just write one up and walk the Malls asking women what they think of the idea. Could save you a lot of future heartache and provide a more solid direction for your business.

I have never done a survey or anything for this idea but have gotten the idea out in the community and from I have gauged so far everyone loves it they just aren’t willing to pay very much for it. What would I include on the survey?? I have no idea where to start sorry. It is a great idea.

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up
    Ms. Chievious, post: 121409 wrote:
    Hi Flower child, actually I do have a few blogs but the 2 that I am currently using focused towards my business are Dream to Dress and Chaos Constructed-both on WordPress. Is it one of those?? I am trying to set up a blog for Ms. Chievious itself but it is still in planning stages as I need to have a few more photo shoots etc.

no, but I’ll be sure to check yours out. I think the one I thinking of is called something like returning to the simple life.

David@Verve Recruitment
    • Total posts: 247
    Up

The most encouraging thing that you said that I picked up on is “have since recognized a lot of errors.”

That tells me that you’re sensible enough to realise your own faults, and presumably smart enough to rectify them .

With that, and I guess, with that alone, you have enough to succeed (dependent on your defintion of success). As long as you give yourself the chance to survive.

You strike me as a junior entreprenur with the right attitude to succeed, or fail. Either way, all the best.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.