Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi – this is me

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brenda Thomson
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

My name is Brenda Thomson and one of my resolutions for 2010 is to set aside an hour every day for social media – so here I am.

A bit about me.

I am married with two fabulous grown up children – one working and one about to start uni.
    I was born in the Isle of Man, grew up in Perth WA, moved to Melbourne (via 12 months in Canberra) when my son was 4.
    I absolutely LOVE Melbourne and wouldn’t want to live anywhere else (although I am very fond of Hobart)

I love: travelling; leisurely lunches and dinners with a nice glass of New Zealand sav. blanc; live theatre; good books; cooking and horse riding.

My career:
    I spent twenty years working in human resourse management and training with the public service – last position – Human Resourses Advisor for the Tax Office Box Hill.
    Then had a major career change – spent the next 6 years teaching children with reading disabilities and working on a PhD on learing disabilities.
    Started my own business five years ago.
    We started out simply as a directory of networking groups and a calendar of networking events around Australia. Now we run training programs, quarterly networking events and have a program to connect business owners together to create strategic alliances and joint ventures.
    Won Home Based Business of the Year Award last in 2008.

I am looking forward to:
    A very exciting 2010 – I feel like I finally know what I am doing as a small business owner – still making lots of mistakes but at least I know what I don’t know now.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Welcome to the forum Brenda. You certainly have a wealth of knowledge that may inspire others to follow their dreams or develop their business.

As you surf through the posts you will see that there is a wealth of knowledge here and feel free to add your coments even if you agre / disagree, as the forum has been designed as one big learning curve
    patrick

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hey there Brenda,

Great to meet you! Sounds like you’ll have some very valuable contributions to make to our forum, and I’ll look forward to getting to know you better as time goes by.

Congratulations on making an awesome start on your New Year’s resolution too!
    Jayne

THE SALES WARLORD
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

Wow – Brenda!

Great to see you on here!

There’s a lot of business’s on here that will love having access to your knowledge and contributions!

Gordon Akman
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

Welcome, Brenda.

ResumesForResults
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hey Brenda fancy seeing you here! Here’s hoping you have a bumper 2010 and that the remote staff keep posting in the newsletter :)

SteveDavidson
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Checking out Networking World – it’d be nice if there was an option for sorting events and groups by their proximity to a chosen point (postcode or named town/city). Kind of a “What’s nearest YOU” view.

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Hey Brenda, I missed your entry! Nice to see you here and welcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.