Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hi to everyone.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dbtimmy
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

I started selling online about 1 year ago today alongside my full time job. The goal is to make this business a full-time gig.

So far I have cracked around 75K sales and will need to register for GST in the coming financial year.

There are several things I’m working on right now such as export, expanding my web-presence and also creating some private label goods.

Hopefully I’ll be posting some interesting questions and in time, provide some answers to people in my current position.

Cheers,

Tim.

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

Hi Tim and welcome to FlyingSolo

Cheers
    Corey

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi and Welcome to the Forums dbtimmy,

What an awesome story you have already!

I would love to hear any details you care to share both for my personal curiosity and because we have a lot of members in the planning or very early stages of initiating what you have been successful at for the last year.

And your plan sounds epic!

Cheers

dbtimmy
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 235381, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi and Welcome to the Forums dbtimmy,

What an awesome story you have already!

I would love to hear any details you care to share both for my personal curiosity and because we have a lot of members in the planning or very early stages of initiating what you have been successful at for the last year.

And your plan sounds epic!

Cheers

Hi Paul – It’s taken me a while to reply to you because I’m apprehensive about what I should share and what I should keep close to my chest – I’m a newbie businessman after all.

Very broadly, I source stock online and from bricks and mortar locations and plug the figures into my handy-dandy spreadsheet (thanks Blues Clues) to determine whether I can make a profit. I try for at least 100% ROI after all fees (Ebay, Paypal, Amazon etc).

I don’t limit myself to any particular genre of item. Anything is game as long as I can ensure it’s working and I think there is a market for it based on my research.

The septics have a word for what I do – flip. Pure capitalism – Buy low, sell for what the market will bear.

Australians are familiar with flipping homes by now thanks to the squillions of TV shows droning on about it, but not flipping general goods.

The downside of my methods are that I cannot guarantee an ongoing source for my goods, because I buy when I can when it’s available.

The benefit of my methods are that they’re very easy to implement for beginners.

I am looking into private label products now so that I can benefit from a stable supply of product with my own branding. This means that I’ll be able to control my product distribution to some extent and will have the freedom to sell what I like. This is the next phase of my business plan.

My business works for me because it involves things I love doing – Internet marketing, research, graphic design, trading, sourcing and photography.

Hope that answers some of your questions! :)

DGH Cleaning
    Up

Welcome and Congrats!!

Always a big step to go it full time – all the best

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi dntimmy,

Thanks for replying.

I knew your story would be a good one and I you did not disappoint!

It sounds like you are dealing with the dynamics really well and have a solid vision for the future based on more than just hope.

Congratulations.

doggyguinness
    Participant
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Congrats on a successful first year. Just starting out myself (2nd business) and hope I can have same story in 12 months time.

roxanne40
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

Congratulations on your success.

I love the fact that you are using all of your talents in a business that you are passionate about.

This formula is destined for success.

Well done.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.