Home – New Forums Starting your journey Hiring out tables and chairs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    3Gs
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

My fiance runs a small market and we decided to buy our own tables for the stall holders, partly to justify the hire cost but mostly to get away from having a messy, random set up.

I was thinking that we should be hiring the tables and chairs out when not in use. They are only folding trestle tables but they are there ready to go all month waiting for the next market.

I was wondering if anyone has had much experience doing this and whether the cost of insurances etc would make it not viable. I’d probably hire out the tables for say $10 for a Friday drop off/Monday pick up. It won’t make us rich but we have $3000 worth of tables sitting there not being used. I would most likely get a hire agreement done where there is a $50 charge if the table is damaged, as that would cover replacement.

Any direction on where to find out more info on hiring out the tables and chairs would also be greatly appreciated. I have tried searching the forum but have not found anything useful.

Many thanks
    Gaz

Rohan@TD
    • Total posts: 164
    Up

Hi Gaz,

Don’t discount your ability to charge a drop off / pick up fee. Have a look at what the local competition are charging (and how they are getting business) to get an understanding of what the market is willing to pay.

Also, consider setting up a relationship with any local party / event planners to drive more business your way.

Rohan

3Gs
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Rohan,

I never even thought about a delivery charge. It makes complete sense so thanks for that. Other hire places around charge more for their tables, which makes sense as their tables tend to be the heavy wooden/commercial type. I’ll look in to who I might be able to ‘network’ with!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Also other markets in the area, I know our local one never have enough to cover the stall holders who rock up, so you may be able to get some additional rentals that way

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.