Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Hola! I am from Mexico but I live in Manly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AnaLucia
    • Total posts: 112
    Up
    ::

Hola! My name is Ana, I am from Mexico and I love living in Australia! I live in Manly and absolutely love the beach lifestyle. I come and go very often to Mexico as I have a business importing Mexican handwoven hammocks, Mexican Blankets, Ponchos, Textiles in general… the business has grown a bit and now we import handicrafts from Guatemala, Ecuador and the caribbean in general: its cool! I am so happy to see that the products are so well received in Australia: people love the colours and the fact that everything is handmade is a plus!
    I look for things that are ethically produced: as much as I can! I support Fair Trade!
    I am really looking forward to share ideas, read advices and be part of this community.
    Also: feel free to contact me in regards to anything to do with Mexico: if you are travelling there, food receipes, help with spanish: anything at all: I am happy yo help you!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hola Ana,

Welcome to Flying Solo, it’s lovely to have you here.

You’ll have to do some networking with Mike (mexham), who is our longstanding resident expert on all things hammock. I’m sure you’ll have lots to chat about.

The ladies at the personal training studio just next door to you are clients of mine, so I will come and say hello to you some time when I visit with them. You have lovely neighbours there :)

All the best,
    Jayne

AnaLucia
    Up

Hi Jayne,

Thanks! Sounds wonderful :)
    Please come and say G’Day when you come and visit my neighbors! I have been meaning to join them with the boxing sessions: I just cant find the time!!! And I know I dont have any excuse: because they are 2 steps away from me!!!

Looking forward to meet you.

regards

Ana Lucia

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Ana, I can’t recommend them highly enough. You really MUST find the time, because you will never look back and you will never feel better than you do when you train with them. And they are great at motivation too, so if you tell them that you want to be there they’ll probably even offer to come and drag you into the gym at the appointed time so you don’t procrastinate!

(And for any other Manly locals looking for similar inspiration, visit Jill and Louise at http://www.absolutefitnessmanly.com.au/. After they’ve flogged you to pieces Ana may let you recover with a tequila in one of her hammocks!)

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Welcome Ana! Hope you feel at home in this forum.

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Welcome Ana Lucia!

Great products – the hippie bag reminds me of my school days. I had one of these .. completely forgot about it.
    If you now say that you are going to import Espadrilles as well, I might drop over to Manly one day :)

mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

Hola Ana!

Welcome to the boards! Great to have you here also.

I’m not from Mexico myself, but I do travel there nearly every year and fell in love with the country and of course the beautiful hammocks.

This is a great place to discuss ideas and learn new things, a great online community.

I hope you find some useful info here and of course we can always talk about hammocks and Mexico (I know my friends get tired of me talking about it all the time!)

And if there are ever opportunities to work together that’d be great, I’m always happy to discuss such possibilities.

Cheers,
    Mike

AnaLucia
    Up

Hi Astrid,
    Thanks!! I am happy that you like the hippie bags! They have been very popular with the hippie crowds :) hehe!
    Sorry to ask… what are Espradilles? I might start having a look into it…

We will be very happy to see you when you drop by at the shop!

Hi Mike,
    I am happy that you like my country. Thanks for that.
    Cool!!! Lets share ideas and tips :)

Saludos!

Ana

AnaLucia
    Up
    CruzAccountant, post: 28536 wrote:
    Welcome Ana! Hope you feel at home in this forum.

Hi Cruz: I am already feeling too comfortable!!! Cruz… that sounds latin… are you?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.